The father of the minor accused in the fatal Dwarka road accident speaks out, expressing deep grief and pledging full cooperation with the ongoing police investigation into the tragic incident that claimed the life of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra.
A new video has surfaced showing the aftermath of the fatal SUV crash in Dwarka that killed a 23-year-old biker, revealing the accused driver and his sister attempting to shift blame.
A video has surfaced showing the moment of the collision in Dwarka that killed a 23-year-old biker. The video, allegedly filmed from inside the SUV driven by a 17-year-old, shows the moments leading up to the crash. The driver was later released on bail.
Three inmates, including two Pakistani nationals, escaped from a juvenile home in Jammu after allegedly attacking and injuring two police personnel. An investigation is underway to apprehend the escapees.
The mother of a 23-year-old man killed in a road accident in Dwarka alleges her son was killed by a minor driving recklessly for social media stunts; police investigation is ongoing.
The NHRC has issued a show cause notice to the Tamil Nadu government regarding an attack on a migrant worker, identified as Suraj, demanding his tracing, medical treatment, and compensation.
'She came home covered in blood. When I asked her, she first said she had fallen, but there were no injuries on any other part of her body. On questioning further, she told me what had been done to her'
The Maharashtra government has terminated the services of two members of the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) in Pune in connection with bail given to a juvenile accused in the Pune Porsche crash case, officials said on Thursday.
Without urgent corrective steps, the system meant to ensure safety, dignity, and rehabilitation for children in conflict with the law will remain overburdened, under-resourced, and unable to deliver justice in time.
The driver of the car sustained serious injuries in the accident while no casualties have been reported yet.
The Supreme Court of India has advocated for sex education to be introduced to children at a younger age, rather than starting from Class IX. The court emphasized the importance of educating adolescents about hormonal changes and related precautions.
A Class 11 student who was shot at by his classmate in Gurugram 'angered' the accused as he was engrossed in his mobile phone and ignored the latter's repeated questions, police said on Monday.
The court said that the accused "inserted this metallic rod inside the private parts of the deceased so mercilessly that even the flesh/ body part separating vagina and anus also got torn." Further, the doctor had also opined that the injuries were sufficient to cause death, the court said.
It was a textbook blind murder with scarce clues, no witnesses and no apparent motive.
A 16-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly mowing down a factory worker with his car in Delhi's Samaypur Badli and dragging him for a substantial distance.
The Juvenile Justice Board on Tuesday said the 17-year-old boy accused of driving a Porsche car in an inebriated state and mowing down two persons last year in Pune will be tried as a juvenile.
The horrific crime, which resulted in the girl becoming pregnant, came to light on June 9 after she filed a complaint recently.
Two Maharashtra Police officers are facing dismissal for alleged negligence in the investigation of a fatal Porsche crash in Pune last year. The officers were suspended for their late reporting of the incident and dereliction of duty, and an internal inquiry revealed lapses in the case registration and blood sample collection. The case involves a drunk minor driver who killed two tech professionals, and there was an attempt to swap blood samples to conceal the driver's intoxication.
A committee formed to probe the conduct of two Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) members in connection with the bail given to the minor accused in the Pune Porsche crash case has found 'procedural lapses', 'misconduct' and 'non compliance of norms', a senior official said on Saturday.
The Prevention of Corruption Act was also invoked as the juvenile is accused of colluding with his parents, doctors from the government-run Sassoon Hospital and some middlemen to swap his blood samples, the official said.
Fadnavis said the police have approached higher court seeking permission to try the juvenile, who was granted bail, as an adult.
The 17-year-old minor allegedly involved in the Pune Porsche car crash that killed two techies has submitted a 300-word essay on road safety complying with the bail conditions of the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), an official said on Friday.
A 17-year-old boy was stabbed to death by a 16-year-old juvenile in northeast Delhi's Welcome area on November 21, 2023. The victim was stabbed 60 times by the accused, who also danced around the dead body after committing the crime.
A paternal aunt of the teenager allegedly involved in the Pune Porsche car crash that killed two IT professionals last month has moved the Bombay high court claiming the boy was in 'illegal' detention and sought his immediate release.
He, however, cited the sensitivity of information due to the ongoing probe into the matter to decline to share more details, sources said.
The Bombay high court on Friday queried if it amounted to confinement when the juvenile accused in the Pune Porsche case was granted bail but was taken back in custody and kept in an observation home.
Appealing to the police to "protect" her son, the mother breaks down, shows her video message. Unable to gather herself, she then walks away from the camera.
The teen, who the police claim was drunk and driving the luxury car when it hit a two-wheeler in the early hours of May 19 killing two techies, including a woman, is lodged at an observation home in Pune.
Pune Police on Monday said they will seek a higher court's permission to try as an adult a 17-year-old boy whose car allegedly knocked down and killed two persons in Kalyani Nagar area in Pune.
The JJB granted bail to the teenager hours after the incident. It also asked him to write a 300-word essay on road accidents, an order that drew an onslaught of criticism.
The blood samples of the mother of the juvenile allegedly involved in the May 19 Pune Porsche crash case were collected on Monday for DNA testing, a police official said.
The Pune police have written to the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) seeking permission to probe the minor allegedly involved in the Porsche crash that left two techies dead, amid the new twist involving blood samples, an official said on Friday.
The boy wanted to check whether it could be traced back to him or not, police said.
A 17-year-old boy, who allegedly crashed his high-end car into a motorbike killing two persons in Pune, was granted bail on a surety of Rs 7,500 and an assurance from his grandfather to keep him away from bad company, as per the order.
Police arrested two persons after a woman travelling on a scooter with her husband was fatally knocked down allegedly by a BMW car in Mumbai's Worli area in the early hours of Sunday, an official said.
The teenage boy's father, a real estate developer, and employees of Black Club pub Nitesh Shevani and Jayesh Gavkar, were produced before additional sessions judge S P Ponkshe.
The case caused a national uproar after the Juvenile Justice Board member L N Danwade gave bail to the accused on very lenient terms, including writing a 300-word essay on road safety.
The 900-page chargesheet, submitted on Thursday in a sessions court, has excluded the 17-year-old boy, whose case is being handled separately by the Juvenile Justice Board.
The Pune police through prosecutors sought the extension of the juvenile's custody for another 14 days at the observation home citing his safety.
The officer said that the driver may be presented in the court as a witness in the case.