Fiorentina said in a statement that Edoardo Bove was under sedation at the Careggi University Hospital in Florence having lost consciousness during the match.
The accused has been identified as Deepak (25), a native of Bihar's Muzaffarpur, who had been living in Gurugram for some time, they said.
'We have to be wary because if an uncontrolled transmission happens, random mutations may lead to something which could be virulent and then that could land us in a problem.'
'Those were not kind days for a woman with a break-up. The world has changed; today, nobody cares.'
'Doctors feel they have a duty to prolong a heartbeat at all costs.' 'And a son or a daughter feels, I can't let my mum die. I have to save her at all costs.' 'They think saving is just prolonging life. But the person suffers.'
The number of suspected GBS cases went up to 192 after eight more infections were recorded. The tally of confirmed cases stood on 167, while 21 patients were on ventilator support, as per authorities.
Ruling NDA and opposition INDIA bloc MPs clashed in Parliament on Thursday over Home Minister Amit Shah's remarks on B.R. Ambedkar, leading to jostling and an injury to BJP MP Pratap Sarangi. The opposition demanded Shah's resignation, while the BJP defended him.
A 4-year-old boy in Kerala was hospitalized after allegedly consuming chocolate at school, with a urine test revealing the presence of benzodiazepines. The incident occurred on February 17, when the child became drowsy after returning from school. The boy was initially admitted to a nearby hospital and later transferred to Amrita Hospital in Ernakulam, where the urine test results raised concerns. Police are investigating the source of the chocolate and how the depressant entered the child's body. The school authorities have denied any negligence and claim the child was fine until he left for home with his grandfather. The child's mother, a lab technician separated from her husband, has filed complaints seeking an investigation. While the child initially claimed he was given the chocolate by his mother, she has denied the allegation.
'He is a real hero. He is doing well currently. His parameters have improved. '
'I didn't like doing jhatak-mataks. I would subconsciously start feeling, 'Oh my God, my makeup man and my driver will be watching this.''
Jain has been lodged in prison since his arrest by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with a money laundering case in May.
The number of suspected Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) cases in Maharashtra has reached 163, with five deaths reported so far. Five new cases were detected in Pune, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 127. The official also stated that 168 water samples from different parts of Pune city were sent for chemical and biological analysis, and eight water sources were found to be contaminated.
Elaborate arrangements including a special traffic plan have been chalked out for Maghi Purnima on Wednesday and health personnel have been put on alert for the occasion when the month-long 'kalpavas', an integral tradition of the Maha Kumbh, comes to an end.
Mumbai has reported its first case of Guillain-Barr Syndrome (GBS), a rare nerve disorder, in a 64-year-old woman. The patient, who resides in Andheri east, was hospitalized with a history of fever and diarrhea followed by ascending paralysis. She is currently undergoing treatment in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a civic-run hospital. GBS is a condition where the immune system attacks the peripheral nerves, resulting in muscle weakness, loss of sensation, and difficulties with swallowing or breathing.
Mumbai reported its first case of GBS on February 7 after a 64-year-old woman, resident of Andheri (East), was diagnosed with the nerve disorder, officials earlier said.
The health condition of two Bharatiya Janata Party MPs, who suffered head injuries in a face-off between opposition and National Democratic Alliance members in Parliament premises, is much better now and they remain under observation in the ICU of the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in New Delhi, authorities said on Friday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has called the violence in Nagpur a premeditated conspiracy and said the mob had targeted specific houses and establishments. The violence erupted on Monday after a protest against Mughal emperor Aurangzeb's tomb, resulting in several houses and vehicles being vandalised. At least 12 police personnel, including three deputy commissioners of police, were injured in the violence, which erupted in central Nagpur. Fadnavis, who also holds the Home portfolio, said those who attacked police personnel will not be spared.
'A surgery was performed to remove the knife and repair the leaking spinal fluid.'
An 80-year-old man tested positive for human metapneumovirus (HMPV) infection in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat on Thursday, officials said.
The number of suspected Guillain-Barr Syndrome (GBS) deaths in Pune district, Maharashtra, has reached six after a 63-year-old man died. The outbreak has been linked to water contamination caused by campylobacter jejuni, a common bacterial pathogen that causes gastroenteritis and can trigger GBS. The number of suspected GBS cases has risen to 173, with 140 diagnosed with GBS. 34 patients are in Pune Municipal Corporation limits, 87 from newly added villages in PMC area, 22 from Pimpri Chinchwad civic limits, 22 from rural parts of the district, and eight from other districts. Of the 173, a total of 72 have been discharged, 55 are in ICU and 21 are on ventilator support.
Police in Kolkata are investigating the murders of two women and a teenage girl found dead in their home. The post-mortem confirmed murder, raising suspicions about the husbands' involvement and the motive behind the crime. The husbands, who are brothers, initially claimed a suicide pact, but police are skeptical and are questioning them once they are medically fit. The investigators are also exploring the possibility of external involvement in the murders. The family's financial difficulties are being investigated as a potential factor.
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise is set to expand presence in metro cities during FY26 with the addition of five hospitals that would add over 1,400 beds.
Khan, 54, was "out of danger" following an emergency surgery, said the doctors at the Lilavati Hospital where he was rushed following the incident that took place around 2.30 am at his apartment in `Satguru Sharan' building.
'I remember I smashed my first double hundred here against England and then went onto score many more hundreds in my career.'
The auto-rickshaw driver who rushed Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan to the hospital was called by Mumbai Police for questioning on Saturday.
'Take care. When you will better and come out, I will come to meet you. Look after yourself, love you.'
Rishabh Pant has been shifted from the ICU to the private ward of the Max Hospital in Dehradun following an improvement in his condition.
Bollywood Actor Saif Ali Khan was attacked by an intruder in his 11th-floor Bandra residence at around 2:30 am on Thursday.
RS Chairman Dhankhar called Kharge making the claim a "very sad moment" and asked him to withdraw his statement, the Leader of Opposition insisted the government give the correct figures and continued with his speech.
When 22-year-old Vinita decided to take a bus from Udaipur instead of boarding a train to reach Jaipur, little did she know that her change in plans to reach the destination early would cost her life.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) has detained a suspect in connection with the knife attack on actor Saif Ali Khan at Durg railway station in Chhattisgarh. The suspect was traveling by a Mumbai-Howrah train and held at Durg in the afternoon. Mumbai Police were informed about the development and their team will reach here by late evening.
Over 200 individuals in Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir, have been quarantined after 17 people, including 13 children, died from a mysterious illness. The deaths have sparked concerns about the spread of the illness, and a medical emergency has been demanded by local officials. A central team is investigating the cause of the deaths, with over 230 samples sent for testing. Officials have identified a common factor among the deceased: brain involvement and damage to the nervous system. Three patients have been airlifted to a hospital in Jammu, and one patient has been airlifted to PGI Chandigarh for further treatment.
The Indian government has advised states to intensify surveillance for respiratory illnesses, including influenza-like illness (ILI) and severe acute respiratory illnesses (SARI), following the detection of five human metapneumovirus (HMPV) cases in the country. The decision comes amidst reports of a surge in HMPV cases in China. The Union Health Secretary, Punya Salila Srivastava, chaired a virtual meeting with states and union territories to discuss the situation and public health measures. While there is no cause for public concern, the government is emphasizing the importance of preventive measures such as handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, and avoiding close contact with those showing symptoms.
Punjab farmer leader Jagjit Singh Dallewal's health has become critical after 27 days of a fast-unto-death at the Khanauri border protest site. Doctors attending to him have warned that he is at risk of cardiac arrest and multi-organ failure. Dallewal, 70, began his hunger strike on November 26 to pressure the Centre to accept the agitating farmers' demands, including a legal guarantee for MSP on crops. The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (Non-Political) and Kisan Mazdoor Morcha have issued a statement saying that Dallewal's immunity has become very weak due to the continuous hunger strike, putting him at risk of infection. Former Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi met Dallewal at the protest site on Saturday evening and conveyed the concerns expressed by senior Congress leader Rahul Gandhi regarding his health and well-being. The statement also said that candle marches will be taken out across the country on December 24 in support of Dallewal's hunger strike. On December 26, when Dallewal's fast will complete one month, symbolic hunger strikes will be held at tehsil and district levels.
Raut claimed that by not deciding on the disqualification petitions, Chandrachud kept doors and windows open for defections.
Parents and relatives of the newborns are desperate for answers and are seeking accountability as they search for their missing children after a blaze broke out in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) of Jhansi's Maharamni Laxmi Bai Medical College claimed the lives of several infants.
The 72-year-old Yechury is being treated for acute respiratory tract infection at the ICU in AIIMS, it said in a statement.
The attacker's face was captured in CCTV footage. The video showed the assailant, wearing a red scarf and carrying a backpack, scurrying down the stairs from the sixth floor of the 'Satguru Sharan' building, where Khan lives, at around 2.30 am.
Abbas had contracted COVID-19 while travelling from Dubai to London.
The 86-year-old Mahant was undergoing treatment in Gwalior for the last few days, and was brought to the Medanta Hospital after his condition showed no improvement.