A 16-year-old boy has been apprehended for allegedly attacking a teenager with a paper cutter near the Red Fort area after the victim refused to give him money for drugs. The juvenile was also found to be involved in another attempt to murder case.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a chargesheet against 10 accused in connection with the Red Fort area car bomb explosion case, which resulted in 11 fatalities and extensive property damage.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted searches at multiple locations in Jammu and Kashmir as part of its investigation into the Red Fort car bomb blast case.
The Red Fort attracted 5 per cent of domestic tourists in FY25.
A UN Security Council report indicates that Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) was reportedly linked to a terror attack on the Red Fort in New Delhi. The report also highlights JeM's activities, including the establishment of a women-only wing and its presence in the region.
"Those behind the conspiracy will be brought to justice!" Modi said in a post on X.
Security agencies are searching for a third car believed to be connected to the Red Fort blast case. While two vehicles have been traced, a third, suspected to be a Maruti Brezza, remains untraced.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested a Faridabad resident for allegedly harbouring Dr Umar-un Nabi, the man who drove the explosive-laden car that blasted outside the Red Fort in Delhi on November 10, killing 15 people.
The US Department of State's Consular Affairs, in a "security alert", said that "while the cause of the explosion is unknown at this time, the Government of India has placed several Indian states on high alert."
A Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs refused to discuss the Red Fort blast during a meeting, citing the pre-set agenda of 'Disaster Management'.
Investigations into the 'white collar' terror module busted after the recent car bombing near Red Fort showed that the mastermind Dr Umar-un Nabi had attempted to recruit a second suicide bomber but could not succeed as he backed out of the terror plot citing the need to help his family during the apple harvest, officials said on Sunday.
More than 40 samples have been collected till now.
Raids are being conducted at multiple locations by Delhi Police. The national capital has been placed on high alert with strict vigil being maintained at the airport, railway stations and bus terminals.
A powerful explosion ripped through a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station on Monday evening. Till last night, nine people were confirmed to have died in the blast and 20 others were injured, officials said.
The Jammu and Kashmir Students Association (JKSA) alleges that Kashmiri students are facing profiling, eviction, and intimidation in northern states after the Red Fort blast in Delhi, urging Prime Minister Modi to intervene.
A high-intensity explosion near the Red Fort in Delhi resulted in multiple fatalities and injuries. Authorities are investigating the incident, and the Home Minister is being briefed.
The outcome of the investigations essentially formed the basis for the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) to issue a sweeping directive on November 28 last year, mandating that app-based communication services like WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal must be continuously linked to an active, physical SIM card within the device.
Members of various tribal communities gathered in Delhi to demand the de-listing of converted tribals from the Scheduled Tribe category. The event, organised by the RSS affiliate Janajati Suraksha Manch, saw participation from around 1.5 lakh people from over 500 tribal communities.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen president Asaduddin Owaisi on Wednesday condemned a video of Red Fort suicide bomber, saying suicide is 'haram' in Islam and the killing of innocents is a 'grave sin'.
A car dealer from Faridabad has been detained in connection with the Red Fort blast case. Delhi Police has directed second-hand car dealers to verify and share details of recent vehicle sales.
They said the NIA sleuths, assisted by police and CRPF, brought along two of the accused, Dr Adeel Rather and Jasir Bilal Wani, arrested in connection with the "white collar" terror module.
CCTV footage has emerged showing the moment of the explosion near Delhi's Red Fort. The footage shows a sudden fireball engulfing the screen, followed by chaos.
According to sources, a man named Tariq from Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir, who has been arrested, is said to have given the Hyundai i20 car to Umar Mohammad.
The footage shows some commuters instinctively rushing further inside the station, seeking safety as the impact of the explosion becomes apparent.
In a major breakthrough in the Red Fort area car bomb blast case, the National Investigation Agency has arrested a Kashmir resident who had allegedly conspired with 'suicide bomber' Dr Umar Un Nabi to carry out the terror attack, which claimed 13 lives.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a chargesheet against 10 accused in connection with the Red Fort blast, revealing a jihadi conspiracy by Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind to overthrow the Indian government and impose Sharia law.
DNA testing confirms that Dr. Umar Nabi was driving the car that exploded near the Red Fort in Delhi. He was a member of a terror module with links to Jaish-e-Mohammed and Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind.
The car entered the parking area near the Red Fort complex at 3:19 pm, where it remained parked for around three hours. The car exited the parking area at 6:22 pm and moved toward the Red Fort. Just 24 minutes after its exit, at 6:52 pm, a powerful explosion occurred inside the moving car.
The police sounded a high alert in Delhi. Seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot with police cordoning off the area, the Delhi Fire Services said.
Opposition parties in India are demanding a thorough and speedy investigation into a car blast near the Red Fort in Delhi that resulted in multiple fatalities and injuries. They are also raising concerns about the security situation in the national capital and questioning the government's handling of the matter.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday took custody of three doctors and a preacher who were arrested in connection with the November 10 car blast outside the Red Fort in which 15 people were killed.
The police suspect the recces were part of a larger conspiracy to target the historic monument on January 26, which might have failed due to intense patrolling in the area at the time.
The Jharkhand Congress has accused the BJP of attempting to gain political advantage by organising large tribal gatherings while allegedly undermining the rights of tribal communities at the grassroots level.
A Delhi court has dismissed the bail application of Al-Falah chairman Jawad Ahmad Siddiqui in a Rs 493-crore money laundering case being investigated by the Enforcement Directorate, saying that the allegations against him are 'grave in nature'.
A blast near Delhi's Red Fort has claimed the lives of 12 people, including a young man from Uttar Pradesh, a DTC conductor, and a taxi driver.
The Delhi Police conducts daily drills as part of preparations for the program scheduled for 15th August, they added.
An NIA court has convicted and sentenced two men to imprisonment for hoisting a Khalistani flag on a government building in Punjab's Moga at the instigation of Sikhs for Justice general counsel and designated terrorist Gurpatwant Singh Pannun.
Dr. Shaheen Shahid, arrested in connection with the Delhi blast, planned to recruit women for terrorist activities. NIA investigation reveals cash, gold, and foreign currency were recovered from her hostel room.
"I understand the plight of those affected by the blast," he said, stressing that today the entire nation stands with the families of the victims.
Shaheen was taken to Faridabad to corroborate some leads the NIA learnt to have known during interrogation of other suspects and the seventh accused Soyab, a resident of Dhauj in Faridabad.