Formula One will have a record 24 Grands Prix in 2024 with China back on the calendar after a five-year absence.
The Finn revived Ferrari's spirits with the fastest laps in free practice for Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix.
Suresh had been hospitalised after meeting with an accident at his workplace. He was finally taken off the ventilator on Saturday after being declared dead.
Bahrain could replace Australia as 2010 Formula One season-opener while Canada may also reappear on the calendar, BMW-Sauber boss Mario Theissen said on Thursday. Australia has hosted the season-opener since 1996, although Bahrain took the slot in 2006 when the Melbourne race was moved back to avoid a clash with the Commonwealth Games in the same city.
The boat, whose capacity was 100 people, was overloaded.
While 206 candidates are in fray for parliament, 165 will try their luck for the municipal councils.
Germany's Adrian Sutil stole some of the limelight from Michael Schumacher in Bahrain on Friday by putting Force India on top of the timesheets in first practice for the Formula One season. Sutil lapped the newly extended Bahrain Grand Prix circuit in one minute, 56.583 seconds while seven-times champion Schumacher, making his comeback with Mercedes at the age of 41, was 10th and 1.079 seconds slower.
A widely-circulated anonymous email put fresh focus on recent allegations of misconduct toward a female colleague.
Organisers have rejected calls from human rights groups to cancel Sunday's race because of what activists see as continuing political repression. The cars take to the track again on Saturday for practice and qualifying sessions.
Monaco's Leclerc, who had started on pole position for the first time, lost power with 10 laps to go while leading and finished third with an extra point for the fastest lap.
Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has waived rights fees due from Bahrain Grand Prix organisers after the season-opening race was called off because of unrest in the Gulf Kingdom. 'The fee that is normally being paid for the event is not being paid,' Ecclestone told the Daily Telegraph newspaper on Wednesday.
Reader Vilas Deshmukh spotted McLaren's Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton in Bahrain.
The government hopes to use the Grand Prix as a way of showing that life is back to normal after a democracy movement launched an Arab Spring-inspired uprising last year.
Bahrain refused to give up hope of rescheduling its postponed Formula One Grand Prix on Saturday with a statement that kept all options open.
Formula One plans to start its coronavirus-ravaged season in May after cancelling this weekend's opener in Australia on Friday and postponing the next three races in Bahrain, Vietnam and China. Confusingly, while Formula One said in a statement it expected to begin the championship in Europe at the end of May, the governing FIA's statement referred to May 1. Both may prove optimistic as the virus spreads across the continent.
The McLaren driver will miss Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix after sustaining a hairline crack in his shoulder while playing tennis.
Formula One cars take to the track in Bahrain on Friday with the government hoping a successful Grand Prix will draw a line under more than a year of Arab Spring protests and activists promising to mark the motor race with 'days of rage'.
Former world champion Damon Hill has spoken out in favour of Formula One returning to Bahrain this year despite continuing civil unrest in the Gulf kingdom.
The Bahrain Financial Exchange (BFX), the first Multi-Asset exchange in the Middle East and North Africa, has appointed an Indian national, Arshad Khan, as its managing director and chief executive officer.
Australia maintained their unbeaten record in the final round of Asian World Cup qualifiers with a 2-0 win over Bahrain at the Olympic stadium on Wednesday.
Organisers said the plan included a quadrupling of patrols in all key areas of the Gulf kingdom as well as quick reaction teams on call around the clock.
The German driver seized the lead at the start from team-mate Charles Leclerc on Sunday but was soon reeled in by the 21-year-old from Monaco, who passed Vettel on the sixth lap in only his second race for Ferrari.
Formula One 'Iceman' Kimi Raikkonen lapped fastest for Lotus in the Bahrain desert heat on Friday after Ferrari had set the early practice pace.
Formula One teams are keeping a wary eye on the situation in Bahrain with the Gulf kingdom due to host a Grand Prix next April after this year's was cancelled due to civil unrest.
Bahrain has been given an extension to June 3 to decide whether the country's postponed Formula One Grand Prix can be rescheduled this year.
Saudi Arabian forces on Monday entered the strife-torn Bahrain after two days of clashes between police and protesters mounted the most serious challenge to the Island's royal family. "More than 1,000 Saudi troops have entered Bahrain," the BBC reported, quoting a top Saudi official. The report said that the troops were part of Gulf Countries Peninsula Shield Force.
Ali Ahmed Mabkhout needed just 14 seconds to put the United Arab Emirates ahead as they went on to beat Bahrain 2-1 on Thursday and secure a rare Asian Cup quarter-finals appearance.
Force India drivers Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil are confident of a better finish at Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix.
Next week's Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead unless local officials decide otherwise, Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Thursday.
McLaren ace driver Lewis Hamilton has demanded an investigation following the blunders during the Bahrain Grand Prix, and believes his team has to go back to the drawing board to re-ignite their championship credentials this season.
'I know some people didn't understand it at the time but I was right to make the move then and it's the feeling I have again now. I'm excited to see what I can bring to this new opportunity and what we can do together.'
Force India will introduce a significant aerodynamic upgrade, including an interim diffuser, in Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix, its chairman Vijay Mallya said. After the double-decker diffuser of Brawn, Williams and Toyota were cleared by FIA, Formula One outfits are in a hurry to ape them and Mallya said Force India too would have an interim diffuser in Bahrain.
The Force India Formula One team will limit their involvement in second practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix on Friday and may skip the session altogether for safety reasons, deputy principal Bob Fernley said.
South Korea suffered a shock 2-1 loss at the hands of Bahrain on Sunday to leave their Asian Cup dreams in tatters.
The Gulf Kingdom will start the 19-race season on March 12, with Malaysia following a week later on March 19 and then Australia on April 2.
This was the third title for the Indian duo -- they had clinched the Abu Dhabi Masters Super 100 and Nantes International Challenge this year.