Sri Lanka suffered a big blow as their star all-rounder Wanindu Hasaranga was ruled out of the T20 World Cup with a hamstring injury suffered in the opening match against Ireland.
New Zealand fast bowler Jacob Duffy is set to make his Twenty20 World Cup debut next month after being picked in the 15-member squad led by Mitchell Santner.
Former New Zealand Test player, coach and selector Mark Greatbatch has been elected as the new president of New Zealand Cricket.
New Zealand captain Michael Bracewell on Tuesday said it would be "silly to underestimate" Indian batting superstars Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, and backed the stalwarts to play next year's ODI World Cup.
Kane Williamson is unavailable for ODI selection due to his commitments in the SA20 league.
This appointment comes less than four months after Stead stepped down as head coach of the New Zealand men's team in June, following a highly successful tenure from 2018 to 2025.
The National Investigation Agency has arrested Jasir Bilal Wani in Srinagar, who was an "active co-conspirator" of suicide bomber Umar un Nabi, in connection with the car blast near the Red Fort last week that claimed 13 lives.
NZ hand young talent contracts as big guns remain casual
Walter, who led South Africa to the semi-finals of the 2023 World Cup and final of last year's Twenty20 World Cup, is contracted through to the end of the 2028 World Cup, which New Zealand is co-hosting with Australia.
New Zealand head coach Gary Stead will no longer coach the One-Day International and T20 teams but may re-apply for the Test role, he said on Tuesday.
Raising concerns over pacer Trent Boult's deal with New Zealand Cricket, former Black Caps coach Mike Hesson said his contract "will open a can of worms".
Mark Chapman has taken his place in the field.
New Zealand stumper-batsman Tom Latham was ruled out of the one-day series against Pakistan with a hand leaving Michael Bracewell to continue as the side's captain.
New Zealand Cricket has named Jacob Duffy as Sears' replacement.
New Zealand fast bowler Lockie Ferguson was ruled out of the ICC Champions Trophy with a foot injury on Tuesday in a major blow for the Black Caps.
New Zealand opener Devon Conway has opted for a casual rather than central contract for the upcoming 2024-2025 season.
Just-retired Martin Guptill reckons he had a lot more to offer to New Zealand cricket and was "disappointed" with how his career ended.
While the NZC will be updating its players about the health safety protocols and latest COVID-19 related developments, the onus will be on the six individuals to do due diligence.
NZC chief executive David White had said it is looking to shed around 10 to 15 percent of its staff and save NZD 6 million in operation costs as it copes with the 'challenges' posed by the health crisis.
'We're prepared to discuss all contingencies, if the situation warrants. For argument's sake, if it occurred with one of the Test players, it might make more sense for them to continue on to England [for the Test tour and world championship final]'
In a major shake-up of selection system in the country, the New Zealand Cricket (NZC) on Wednesday disbanded its national selection panel and replaced it with a new post of National Selection Manager (NSM).
He first led the side in a T20 against West Indies at Bay Oval in November 2020 and became New Zealand's 24th ODI captain when he led the side in the only ODI against Scotland in Edinburgh in 2022.
Former Australia cricket coach John Buchanan has been confirmed as the new director of cricket for Trans-Tasman rivals New Zealand, according to local media reports on Friday.
In India, 29 positive cases have been reported so far, including 16 Italian tourists. New Zealand Cricket said that the cricket board is in constant touch with the country's health, foreign affairs and sports ministry to get regular updates which will ensure health safety for its players.
Kane Williamson has stepped down as captain of New Zealand's white-ball teams
Former Team India coach John Wright is favourite to succeed Australia hockey legend Ric Charlesworth as New Zealand Cricket's next High Performance Manager.
A Dismayed New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said on Monday that national captain Brendon McCullum was not under investigation for match-fixing, as reported earlier by a British daily, and added that he had only given testimony to the International Cricket Council on the understanding that it would be kept confidential.
New Zealand Cricket is all set to get $1 million from the ICC to relocate its headquarters destroyed in the earthquake in Christchurch, a gesture that has 'blown away' NZC officials.
Trouble is brewing in New Zealand cricket with players reportedly revolting against coach Andy Moles but the country's board backing him to remain at the helm.
New Zealand Cricket has defended the under-fire national team's head coach Gary Stead, who is drawing flak for taking a break in the middle of the ongoing home series against India, saying his "week off was planned six months ago".
Southee suffers thumb fracture, injury scare for Allen
Shane Bond's controversial letter to New Zealand Cricket over the Black Caps captaincy issue contains another explosive accusation.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is optimistic that it will be able to host Champions Trophy next year as a delegation of the International Cricket Council (ICC) is set to reach the country on Monday to inspect the ongoing preparations for the prestigious tournament.
'As a contingency, pace-bowler Kyle Jamieson will also join the World Cup squad in India this week to train.'
New Zealand Cricket has backed the proposed changes in the ICC's administrative structure, which would leave major decision-making in the hands of India, Australia and England, despite facing severe criticism from the country's players' association.
New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee will undergo thumb surgery on Thursday and a decision on his participation in the upcoming World Cup in India will be taken next week.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has indicated they will exercise their right to select Ross Taylor in their 15-man Champions League squad, which would prove to be an unexpected windfall for New Zealand Cricket.
New Zealand Cricket's General Manager Geoff Allot on Monday said he would step down from his post at the end of this month in the aftermath of the Black Caps' humiliating 0-4 ODI series loss to Bangladesh recently.
Australia and New Zealand are on standby to host the 2011 cricket World Cup if the terror threat in the sub-continent is found to be too high, NZC CEO Justin Vaughan has claimed.
Rauf's central contract may be 'restored'