New Zealand authorities have begun easing social restrictions in recent weeks with COVID-19 cases slowing to a trickle, and sports have been given the green light to restart domestic competitions.
Greg Barclay has been elected as the International Cricket Council's new independent chairman
The IPL is likely to start in the second week of April and its knockout matches may stretch till early June, potentially clashing with New Zealand's first Test in England
Trent Boult has not given up hope of playing Test cricket again despite declining a central contract with New Zealand Cricket.
Winning the inaugural ICC World Test Championship against India is one of the proudest achievements for any New Zealander, according to Kiwi pacer Trent Boult.
'With the lockdown now in full force, we're mindful of the difficulties facing our cricket community.'
Taking to Instagram Stories, Anushka shared the screenshot of BCCI secretary Jay Shah's tweet and reacted to the post with three clapping emojis. The actor is set to play former pacer Jhulan Goswami in the upcoming film "Chakda Xpress".
Fast bowler Tim Southee will lead the Black Caps in the five matches against England starting in Christchurch on November 1.
Chapman, Astle picked in New Zealand T20 World Cup squad; Veteran Ross Taylor ignored.
Williamson, Kyle Jamieson and Mitchell Santner, along with the team physiotherapist, were unable to secure an exemption to travel to Britain until May 11 so will remain in New Delhi until then.
All 20 of the New Zealand and West Indies players and support staff in managed isolation tested negative for the novel coronavirus and are on schedule to leave their biosecure facility next week, New Zealand Cricket said on Thursday.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) chief executive David White has confirmed that Kiwi players involved in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 would be allowed to re-join their franchises and complete the competition when it re-starts in September.
New Zealand's biggest city Auckland went into a seven-day lockdown from Sunday after the emergence of a new local case of the coronavirus of unknown origin.
'We leave it up to the players to decide whether or not they want to participate and request NOCs'
The touring Pakistan squad has returned negative in a fifth round of COVID-19 tests and will now be able to leave their managed isolation on Tuesday, subject to clearance from the health ministry, New Zealand Cricket said on Monday.
New Zealand's Test tour of Bangladesh has been postponed due to health and safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said on Tuesday. Kane Williamson's side were due to arrive in August for the two-match series as part of the ICC World Test Championship.
The victorious New Zealand cricketers will carry the ICC World Test Championship Mace on a week-long, nationwide tour of the country, starting on July 26, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said on Wednesday.
BCCI secretary Jay Shah took to his official Twitter handle to announce the historical development.
The Black Caps were also scheduled to travel to Australia for an ODI series but the fixture was on Friday postponed to next summer (2021-22) due to the pandemic.
The captain of the New Zealand women's cricket team Amy Satterthwaite will become the first player to benefit from new contract conditions that guarantee her core salary while on maternity leave.
The Kiwis are scheduled to play England in two Tests in the first and second week of next month, following which they will face India in the ICC World Test Championship final from June 18-22.
Williamson's elbow injury kept him out of a Test match in India in December and home series against South Africa and Bangladesh.
The 31-year-old Williamson also sat out the two-Test home series against Bangladesh last month due to the niggling elbow issue.
Former Team India coach John Wright has joined New Zealand Cricket in a high performance role, while John Bracewell was reappointed as coach of the Kiwi side until April 2009.
Shah will have the responsibility of heading ICC's most important committee. Al the major financial policy decisions are taken by the F&CA committee before it is ratified by the ICC board
Associate nations' outrage over exclusion from the 2015 World Cup might have prompted the ICC to reconsider its decision but co-hosts New Zealand's Board has backed the trimming, saying a 10-team format works best from the organisers' point of view.
Under the International Cricket Council's Future Tours Programme, West Indies were scheduled to play three Tests and three T20s in New Zealand, while Pakistan will play Two tests and three T20s.
The majority of the team and management arrived in New Zealand last Friday after a 54-hour flight from Barbados and have been in a biosecure facility in Christchurch.
The New Zealand government tightened border restrictions and stating that all those entering the country from Australia would be subjected to a mandatory 14-day self-isolation period. The new restrictions, which come into from Sunday midnight, would have led to the New Zealand team being quarantined if it stayed back to complete the assignment.
The third and final T20 International between New Zealand and West Indies was abandoned due to rain at the Bay Oval, in Mount Maunganui, on Monday.
An extended 33-member New Zealand cricket squad left for Dubai on a chartered flight from Islamabad on Saturday evening, a day after abandoning its entire tour of the country over security fears.
England fast bowler Jofra Archer on Monday claimed he was subjected to "racial insults" by a spectator during the fifth and final day of the first Test against New Zealand, in Mount Maunganui.
England batsman Jos Buttler has vowed not to curb his attacking instincts after earning a "surprise" recall to the Test team for the opening test against Pakistan starting at Lord's on Thursday.
Amazon Prime Video becomes the first Indian streaming service to secure exclusive live cricket rights from a major cricketing board.
South African-born batsman Devon Conway and left-arm spinner Ajaz Patel also received their first central contracts, NZC said in a statement
Former Australia coach John Buchanan has stepped down as New Zealand's director of cricket with immediate effect, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said on Friday.
Domestic cricket will only happen when travelling is safe: Ganguly
Plans to host a first day-night Test in India later this year remain intact, the Board of Control for Cricket in India secretary said on Tuesday, dismissing a local media report that prospective opponents New Zealand had rejected the idea.
New Zealand has moved the fourth one-day international against South Africa away from Napier's McLeanPark after an investigation into an abandoned match against Australia found problems with drainage and irrigation at the venue.