Pakistani police in Punjab province have foiled a major terror attack and arrested 13 terrorists, mostly belonging to the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). The arrests were made during intelligence-based operations, and weapons, explosives, and prohibited materials were recovered.
Pakistani police arrested 21 terrorists, mostly affiliated with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), in Punjab province during the past week.
Pakistani security forces killed four Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants in Punjab province, thwarting a planned attack on police checkpoints and government installations.
Pakistani security agencies have arrested sixteen terrorists belonging to various terror outfits in multiple operations conducted in Punjab province.
'You bust one module and another one comes up.'
Amin ul Haq had allegedly planned sabotage activities across the province and wanted to target important installations and personalities.
An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan on Wednesday indicted Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed on terror financing charges and is now being detained at the Kot Lakhpat jail.
A day after the rocket-propelled grenade attack on its Mohali-based intelligence wing headquarters, the Punjab police on Tuesday said it has leads and will solve the case soon.
Mir was called "project manager" of the Mumbai attacks.
Earlier in five such cases, the 70-year-old radical cleric had already been convicted for 36 years imprisonment.
Malik Ishaq, the chief of banned sectarian outfit Lashkar-i-Jhangvi, his two sons and 11 top members of the group linked to Al Qaeda were killed in an "encounter" in Pakistan's Punjab province, police said on Wednesday.
United Nations proscribed terrorist Lakhvi, 61, who was on bail since 2015 in the Mumbai attack case, was arrested by the Counter-Terrorism Department of Punjab province on Saturday.
The Anti-Terrorism Court in Lahore granted interim bail to Saeed and his aides -- Hafiz Masood, Ameer Hamza, and Malik Zafar -- until August 31 against surety bonds of Rs 50,000 each, Dawn newspaper reported.
A source in the Imran Khan government told PTI that the Punjab police are waiting a go-ahead from the "top" to lay hand on Saeed.
A top commander of outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi was on Thursday killed along with three other militants in an "encounter" with the police in Lahore.
The team's movement would be restricted only to the area of the engagement between security forces and the Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists.
Pakistan had reportedly launched 'strikes' against militant bases in Afghanistan on Saturday.
The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Gujranwala issued the warrant during a hearing in a terror financing case instituted by the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab police against some members of the JeM.
Saeed's arrest is also being seen as a pressure on Pakistan in connection with its commitment to the Financial Act Task Force whose next deadline is in October.
The Pakistani team investigating the Pathankot terror attack will complete its probe this week, a top official said on Monday, days after three suspects in the high-profile case were remanded to police custody.
The cases have been registered in Lahore, Gujranwala and Multan for collection of funds for terror financing through assets/properties made and held in the names of Trusts/ Non Profit Organisations including Al-Anfaal Trust, Dawatul Irshad Trust and Muaz Bin Jabal Trust.
Pakistani authorities have lodged a first information report into the Pathankot terror attack case, officials said on Friday.
Three people were killed and over 20 others injured in a bomb blast outside the house of the Mumbai terror attack mastermind and JuD chief Hafiz Saeed in Lahore on Wednesday, the police said.
Pakistan on Thursday confirmed that banned JeM chief Masood Azhar has been taken into "protective custody" along with his accomplices, but clarified he isn't arrested."
Panjwar, 63 was involved in drug and weapons smuggling and was designated as a terrorist under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in July 2020.
A five-member JIT from Pakistan reached Pathankot on Sunday to carry out a probe into the attack at the IAF base at Pathankot.
The five-member team will be given a detailed presentation before they visit the attack site on Tuesday.
Lakhvi, who was on bail since 2015 in the Mumbai attack case, was arrested by the Counter-Terrorism Department.
The 'deliberate attack' on a Hindu temple in Canada sparked strong condemnation in India on Monday, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking the Canadian government to ensure justice and uphold the rule of law.
A day after a rocket-propelled grenade attack on the Mohali-based intelligence wing headquarters of the Punjab police, Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday said "some arrests" have been made and the strictest punishment will be meted out to those trying to spoil the state's atmosphere.
The blast targeted a van carrying police officers outside the Data Darbar shrine, the largest Sufi shrine in South Asia.
Denying the Pakistani investigators access to the Pathankot base on operational grounds would not, the government felt, compromise national security, reveals Rajeev Sharma.
He said the JeM handler, who is in his late 20s, was in the tribal area of Pakistan when he communicated around 18 times with the terrorists.
As Inter-Services Intelligence, the notorious Pakistan spy agency infamous for its clandestine support to most of the major terror attacks in India, made its maiden overt presence on Indian soil, curious citizens tried to catch a glimpse of "ISI ka Banda" (the ISI man).
The visiting Pakistani JIT will begin recording the statements of the witnesses in the Pathankot terror attack case from Thursday.
Saeed, has been moved to an unknown location.
India plans to provide the probe team from Pakistan access to all witnesses in the Pathankot terror attack case but not security personnel from the National Security Guard or the Border Security Force.
The court sentenced Saeed to five-and-a-half years and imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 in each case. The sentences of both cases will run concurrently.
The Pakistani JIT concluded its six-day discussions with NIA on the probe into the Pathankot terror attack even as the visiting officials recorded statements of witnesses.
The JIT will be taken to only those areas of the air force station that were accessed by the terrorists, who attacked the base in the early hours of January 2 this year.