Lewis Hamilton will launch his bid to win the drivers' championship at a third F1 team when he makes his much-anticipated debut for Ferrari in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
McLaren's Lando Norris swept to victory in a wet and wild Australian Grand Prix on Sunday, holding off defending champion Max Verstappen in a white-knuckle finish to a Formula One season-opener littered with crashes and safety cars.
Seven-times World champion Lewis Hamilton appeared in Ferrari red for the first time outside of Italy as Formula One put on an unprecedented and spectacular 10-team season launch in front of 15,000 fans on Tuesday.
Lando Norris led a McLaren front row sweep in qualifying for the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Saturday
Lewis Hamilton will bring down the curtain on his Mercedes career in Abu Dhabi on Sunday as his past and future Formula One teams, McLaren and Ferrari, fight for a constructors' title to end years of waiting.
Red Bull's Max Verstappen won the Qatar Grand Prix on Sunday with the battle for the constructor's title going down to next weekend's Abu Dhabi season-ender
Rwandan President Paul Kagame joined Max Verstappen on stage when the Red Bull driver collected the F1 champion's trophy for the fourth year in a row.
Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will race for Sauber next season alongside Germany's Nico Hulkenberg, the Formula One team said on Friday.
Lando Norris won the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday to deliver McLaren's first Formula One constructors' title since 1998
Sauber unveiled a new-look car with slimmer sidepods and two new drivers on Saturday but declined to say whether they could improve on last year's sixth place in the constructors' championship.
The two teams said they had been reassured by Formula One's approach under chairman Chase Carey and his new management team, who had "brought a new culture of transparency to the sport".
German Adrian Sutil will drive for Sauber next season, the Formula One team said on Friday, replacing Nico Hulkenberg who moved in the opposite direction to Force India last week.
The 23-year-old British driver has tested for McLaren and currently drives for Mercedes in the German DTM touring car championship.
Formula One team Sauber lost their appeal on Thursday against a court verdict that ruled in favour of Dutchman Giedo van der Garde's bid to drive for them.
The Canadian wants to return to Formula One after quitting BAR just before the Japan Grand Prix in 2003.
Swiss-based Sauber have parted company with principal Monisha Kaltenborn, the first woman to run a Formula One outfit, the team's owners said.
Germany's Nico Hulkenberg has promised to do his best to help Force India beat Sauber in the Formula One constructors' championship even if it costs his future team millions of dollars.
The Formula One team confirmed that the Canadian will line up alongside Nick Heidfeld for the BMW Sauber F1 team in 2006.
Sauber are to follow Ferrari and champions Red Bull out of the Formula One teams' association FOTA in a broadening rupture over cost-cutting measures in the sport.
Nico Hulkenberg will leave Sahara Force India and join fast-growing Sauber for the 2013 season, the media reports claimed in Yeongam.
Sauber drivers Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi were disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix on Sunday for technical infringements, after finishing seventh and eighth, International Automobile Federation (FIA) stewards said in a statement.
Former champion Jacques Villeneuve will have his first test for Sauber in Spain this month after a seat fitting at the Formula One team's Swiss factory on Thursday.
Sauber's newly-appointed Indian-origin Team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn, the first woman to reach this position in Formula One, says she is well aware of the competition her outfit faces from Sahara Force India.
German carmaker BMW, which last week announced its exit from Formula One, has rejected an offer from team founder Peter Sauber to take over the team, Sauber said on Thursday. But BMW said they are still in talks to reach a deal with Sauber as well as other interested parties about the sale of BMW's 80 percent stake in the Formula One team.
Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will race with Swiss-based Sauber for a second season next year with Russian teenager Sergey Sirotkin signed as test driver, the Formula One team announced on Saturday.
Dutch driver Giedo Van der Garde recognised his hopes of racing in Formula One are over on Wednesday after Sauber paid "significant compensation" to end a contract dispute.
Dutch Formula One driver Giedo van der Garde dropped his legal action against Sauber, allowing the team to race in this weekend's season-opening Australian Grand Prix without him.
Second-tier Formula One teams Sauber and Force India lodged official complaints with the EU's competition regulator, alleging that the sport's governing body mismanages prize money.
An Australian court has found in favour of Dutch driver Giedo van der Garde in his bid to force the Sauber Formula One team to let him drive for them this season.
Lando Norris roared to his second successive pole position, and third in four races, in a McLaren front row sweep with team mate Oscar Piastri
Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa has been named the second driver at the BMW Sauber Formula One team for the 2010 season.
Heidfeld, 30, and Kubica, 22, have scored 71 points between them this season with BMW now 38 points clear of fourth placed Renault in the constructors' championship.
Sauber's cars will sport the blue logo of Champions League finalists Chelsea from next week's Spanish Grand Prix as part of a deal between the Swiss-based Formula One team and the English Premier League club.
Swiss-based Sauber will take departed Toyota's place as Formula One's 13th team next season, the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in a statement on Thursday.
Kamui Kobayashi will race for Sauber next season, ensuring Japan still has at least one driver on the starting grid now that Toyota have followed Honda out of Formula One. The 23-year-old impressed after competing as a stand-in for injured German Timo Glock at Toyota in the last two races of this year.
Red Bull make changes to car after discussions with FIA
Sauber will run Mexican Formula One prospect Esteban Gutierrez in a young driver test in Abu Dhabi next month, the Swiss team said on Thursday.
Sauber will not appeal against their exclusion from Sunday's Australian Grand Prix after an internal investigation showed they had made a mistake, the Formula One team said on Tuesday.
A group of Sauber engineers were robbed at gunpoint shortly after Formula One world champion Jenson Button escaped unhurt from a similar attack at the Brazilian Grand Prix, the team said on Sunday.