The Anti-Terrorism Squad conducted a comprehensive mock drill at the Hotel Taj in Patna on Monday to evaluate emergency response preparedness and coordination among security forces.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) conducted extensive search operations across Yavatmal and Ahilyanagar districts, detaining multiple individuals for questioning following intelligence regarding potential terror-related activities.
Terror accused Abdul Rehman was murdered in Neemla Jail in Faridabad following a fight with another inmate, Arun Chaudhary, who allegedly stabbed him with a sharp weapon. Police are investigating the incident.
Haryana government suspends jail officials after a terror accused was murdered inside Neemka Jail in Faridabad. The victim, Abdul Rehman, was allegedly involved in a conspiracy to attack the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Shrikant Pangarkar is in the fray from ward 13. His opponents are candidates from the BJP and several other parties, though the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena has not fielded a contestant.
Bunty Jahagirdar, an accused in the 2012 Pune serial blasts case, was allegedly shot dead by unidentified assailants in Shrirampur town in Ahilyanagar district on Wednesday, police said.
The Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad, in the aftermath of the recent Red Fort blast in Delhi, has stepped up its monitoring efforts and sought comprehensive details of madrasas, their students, and teaching staff across the eight districts under Prayagraj zone, officials said on Wednesday.
Indrani Mukerjea, in pure white, sporting dancing pearl jhumkas, bobbed about the accused box, occasionally floating up front to whisper urgent suggestions to her lawyer Ranjeet Sangle as retired cop and prosecution witness Dinesh Kadam gave her a long look. Vaihayasi Pande Daniel returns to cover the Sheena Bora murder trial after 18 months.
A 32-year-old Delhi resident was allegedly duped of over Rs 9 lakh by a person posing as the chief of the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and accusing him of being involved in the Pulwama terror attack.
Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College in Kanpur removes Dr. Shaheen Sayeed's name from its pharmacology department board after her name surfaced during the Delhi blast investigation. The Indian Medical Association's Uttar Pradesh chapter has also begun the process to revoke her membership.
After a thorough investigation, the state's ATS held the duo who were working under the direction of ISIS modules based in Pakistan and were active on social media through fake IDs, said Sharma, who also holds home portfolio.
More than 200 doctors and staff at Al Falah University here are under the scanner of the investigative agencies following the blast in a car near the Red Fort on November 10, sources said.
Nishant Agarwal, a scientist who worked at the BrahMos missile centre, was cleared of charges of spying for Pakistan by the Bombay High Court after spending seven years in jail. The case revolved around the lack of 'mens rea' (guilty mind) and the prosecution's failure to prove intent.
Following the detention of medical student Mohammad Arif, allegedly due to his connection to Delhi blast suspect Dr Shaheen Saeed, his landlord, Kanhaiya Lal, stated that Arif had been staying there for less than a month and they did not find any of his activities suspicious.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has questioned a teacher in Thane regarding his connection to a Pune-based software engineer arrested for alleged links with Al Qaeda and other banned outfits.
A massive explosion in Kanpur's Mishri Bazaar was caused by illegal firecracker storage, not a scooter explosion, police confirm. Terror links have been ruled out, and several arrests have been made.
The Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has detained a medical student from Kanpur in connection with the ongoing investigation into the recent Delhi blast. The doctor, identified as Dr Mohammad Arif, was taken into custody and his belongings seized for forensic examination.
Eyewitnesses described a deafening blast that rattled windows and left locals in a state of panic, with seven fire tenders rushing to the scene to battle the flames.
Records stretching back to 1947 suggest a consistent strategy by Pakistan's military and intelligence apparatus, the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), of using terrorism as a state policy against India.
According to investigators, Shaheen Shahid, a doctor associated with Al-Falah University in Faridabad, was among those arrested following Monday's explosion near the Red Fort.
'They came to our bedrooms, woke people who were sleeping, and shot them. For what? For what?'
The two men had been instructed to carry out a terror strike in a crowded Delhi location on Diwali, targeting a prominent mall and a public park.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) conducted searches at multiple locations in Pune concerning the suspected radicalisation of individuals linked to an ISIS module case. The raids, based on intelligence about radicalised people, led to the seizure of electronic devices and documents, and the questioning of several suspects.
The suspected ISIS operatives are both named Adnan -- one from Sadiq Nagar in Delhi and the other from Bhopal, a senior police officer said.
In his applications filed before the National Human Rights Commission as well as Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission on Friday, Abdul Wahid Shaikh also requested support for rehabilitation.
As the police make security arrangements for Anant Chaturthi, the 10th day of the Ganesh festival, the traffic police control room on Thursday received a threat message on their WhatsApp helpline, the official said.
The state government proposes to undertake more reforms in the police department, he said, as he also highlighted the need for equipping police personnel with sophisticated weapons.
The Bombay High Court has issued notices to those acquitted in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, following an appeal by victims' families, raising questions about the investigation and seeking convictions.
A special court acquitting seven persons in the 2008 Malegaon blast case questioned why the investigating agency did not explore the potential involvement of the banned outfit Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
Senior police inspector Daya Nayak, once known as an 'encounter specialist', was promoted to the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police. Other senior inspectors were also promoted.
How a Legendary Commando's Downfall Began with a Simple Meal: The Tale of Bajrang Singh's Capture.
"You (appellants) have to indicate whether they were witnesses or not. Give us details. This is not an open gate for everyone," the HC said and posted the matter for further hearing on Wednesday.
Family members of Kamal Ahmad Vakil Ahmad Ansari, who died awaiting justice in the 2006 Mumbai train blasts case, read aloud the Bombay High Court's acquittal order at his grave, publicly affirming his innocence and demanding accountability from the system.
A 10-year-old boy died and several others were injured in a suspected cylinder blast in Bengaluru. The Chief Minister has announced compensation for the victim's family and medical assistance for the injured.
Family members of victims of the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast have challenged the acquittal of the accused, including Pragya Singh Thakur and Prasad Purohit, in the Bombay High Court, citing faulty investigation and the nature of conspiracy.
A special court acquitting seven persons in the 2008 Malegaon blast case has raised serious concerns over allegations of torture and illegal detention by Maharashtra ATS officers. The court noted that witnesses claimed their statements were taken under coercion.
A former police official who was part of the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) that probed the 2008 Malegaon blast case claimed on Thursday that he had been asked to apprehend RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Soon after the verdict, celebrations broke out outside Lt Colonel Purohit's residence, where supporters burst firecrackers and distributed sweets to mark the court's decision.
An organisation that helped the families of victims in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, has expressed displeasure over the acquittal of seven accused and sought to know if they were not involved in the incident, then who were responsible for it.
Former IPS officer Meeran Borwankar claims political interference hindered justice in the Malegaon and 7/11 blasts, and the Narendra Dabholkar murder case. She cited instances of pressure on investigators and prosecutors.