Reader Debjani Chatterjee sent us this halwa recipe made with poppy seeds. Have you tried it yet?
This dessert, made with poppy seeds, milk and almonds is also very nutritious, says food blogger Debjani Chatterjee.
Here's the recipe of Khuskhus Badam Halwa:
- 150 gm posto (khus khus or poppy seeds)
- 100 gm almonds
- 75 gm ghee
- 100 gm sugar
- 200 gm condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Soak posto and almonds separately in hot water for five hours or overnight.
- Drain water from posto and grind to a semi-thick paste . If required, add 1 tbsp milk.
- Make a paste of almonds as well.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add paste of posto to it. Saute on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add almond paste and saute for five more minutes.
- Add sugar to the mixture and saute till sugar dissolves completely.
- Add condensed milk and normal milk.
- Cook until halwa turns to semi solid consistency and stops sticking to the pan.
- Remove from flame and garnish with whole almonds. Serve hot.
Image Courtesy: Debjani Chatterjee
- How to make melt-in-your-mouth Gulab Jamuns
- How to make Mango Halwa
- How to make Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- How to make Mohanthal
- How to make Doda Barfi
- How to make Shahi Tukda
- How to make Kashi Halwa
- How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
- How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
- How to make Malai Laddoos
- How to make Besan Rava Laddoo
- How to make Motichoor Ladoos
- How to make Milk Kalakand
- How to make Zucchini Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Gulab Halwa
- How to make Paan Shots
- How to make Chocolate Fudge