Rediff reader Manisha Bhadana tells us how to make marshmallow candies for Diwali.
What's your favourite Diwali recipe? Tell us!
We all know how much kids love candies.
This Diwali, treat your young ones to Chocolate Marshmallow Pops.
The best part -- they're absolutely easy to make.
Here's the recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes 26 candies
Calories: 45 g
Proteins: 0.6 g
Fat: 1.2 g
- 100 gm chocolate
- 1 bag or 200 gm marshmallows
- 1 packet lollipop sticks
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkle
- One sheet of cellophane
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Insert the lollipop sticks in the marshmallows.
- Dip the marshmallows in melted chocolate.
- Decorate with rainbow sprinkle.
- Set them aside in straight position by inserting the stick in your rice or beans filled container.
- Wrap them in colourful cellophane or put them in an attractive gift box.
- You can also freeze them.
Image courtesy: Manisha Bhadana
- Diwali recipe: How to make Mango Halwa
- Diwali recipe: How to make Coconut Laddoos
- Diwali recipe: How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- Diwali recipe: How to make Mohanthal
- Diwali recipe: How to make Doda Barfi
- Diwali recipe: How to make Shahi Tukda
- Diwali recipe: How to make Kashi Halwa
- Diwali recipe: How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
Do you have an interesting Diwali recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.