Ahead of Diwali, starting today, we'll be sharing with you some interesting recipes that you can try and make from the comfort of your kitchen.
If you too, have an interesting one, you can share yours as well!
The nine nights of Navratri may have just got over, but Diwali is just a few weeks away.
Remember how, as kids, we used to help our moms in the kitchen with chaklis, laddoos and barfis during the Diwali holidays?
Well, this time, we are inviting you, our readers, to revisit those memories and share your favourite Diwali recipes and moments with us!
To share your recipes, simply write in to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Diwali recipes') with your name, home-town and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph, if possible.
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.
Meanwhile, do check out the recipe for Mango Halwa from Sai Priya below:
There is a reason why the mango is called the king of all fruits.
The variety of preparations you can make using mango as your key ingredient is infinite.
Here's a recipe of Mango Halwa that is easy to make and yummy to relish.
This one is particularly made using dussehri mango, which gives it a distinct royal taste, but you can try this recipe using other variants too.
- 1/2 cup semolina or suji
- 11/4 cups frozen or fresh mango pulp
- 1/2 cup sugar (less if the mango pulp is sweet)
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- A pinch saffron
- 2 tsp warm milk
- 11/2 tbsp mixed nuts, chopped
- Soak saffron in 2 tsp of warm milk.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Roast the semolina till golden. Add the water and milk.
- Cook till it starts to thicken. Mix in the sugar.
- When it thickens, add the mango pulp.
- Keep stirring till the pulp is well blended. Cover.
- Simmer for another 1 or 2 minutes or till it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add the nuts. Add 1 tsp of ghee.
- Garnish with dry nuts and serve warm.
Image courtesy: Sai Priya
Liked this recipe? Click here for interesting food recipes and features!