Rediff reader Shikha Goel sent us this lip-smacking recipe of Malai Laddoo.
What's your favourite Diwali recipe? Tell us!
This Diwali, impress your guests with these melt-in-your-mouth laddoos.
Here's the recipe for Malai Laddoos:
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 200 gm coarsely crumbled cottage cheese or paneer
- 1 tsp edible rose water
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A few sliced pistachios
- A few strands of saffron
- On a work surface, knead paneer with the base of your palm till it has a nice creamy texture.
- Heat the paneer in a pan with the condensed milk on low heat till the mixture starts to leave the edges and it solidifies.
- Add rose water. Mix well and allow to cool.
- When it is at room temperature, take a handful of the mixture and shape them into one-inch diameter balls.
- Garnish with cardamom powder, slices of pista and saffron strands.
Image courtesy: chhapanbhog.blogspot.in
- Diwali recipe: How to make Mango Halwa
- Diwali recipe: How to make Coconut Laddoos
- Diwali recipe: How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- Diwali recipe: How to make Mohanthal
- Diwali recipe: How to make Doda Barfi
- Diwali recipe: How to make Shahi Tukda
- Diwali recipe: How to make Kashi Halwa
- Diwali recipe: How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
- Diwali recipe: How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
Do you have an interesting Diwali recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.