Indian racer Kush Maini completed his first official Formula 1 test of the season with BWT Alpine F1 Team at the Circuit Zandvoort, driving the Alpine A521 as part of the Testing of Previous Cars (TPC) programme.
Kush Maini will get the taste of a modern Formula 1 machinery for the very first time when he takes the wheel of the current Alpine car in the Young Driver Test.
This was Virat Kohli's 84th century in international cricket only behind Sachin Tendulkar, who holds the world record with 100 hundreds.
Kush Maini creates history with Sprint Race victory at iconic Monaco GP
Kush Maini created history as he became the first Indian driver in Formula 1 since 2012.
India could finally have a driver on the F1 grid after 13 long years.
The Indian businessman, who has a 42.5 percent stake, said there was a possibility of main sponsor BWT getting more involved and changing the team's name.
Alpine's target is to fight for the championship within 100 races of the start of Formula One's new rules era, which will begin with the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix on March 20.
Mercedes's brilliant pitstop strategy spoiled the game for Max Verstappen in Hungarian Grand Prix, says Rediff's F1 columnist Raja Sen.
Force India did not say who the other driver would be, but that is assumed to be Canadian Lance Stroll whose billionaire father Lawrence heads a consortium that now controls the Silverstone-based outfit.
'The phenomenal Max Verstappen was both sloppy and superb in Germany, getting caught out during the first two starts, and even spinning his car around to give the crowd something to gasp at with a Batmobile-esque 360 degree turn. 'After Hamilton crashed and Verstappen sniffed victory, though, he pounced hard, put his foot down, and took a deserved race win,' says Rediff's F1 columnist Raja Sen.
There has been speculation within Formula One that Lawrence Stroll, the billionaire father of Canadian driver Lance, is willing to invest in Force India as part of a move for his son from Williams.
The report also revealed the parlous finances of the Vijay Mallya-owned team at the time they were taken into administration last July.
Doubts about Force India being able to race at Spa, the first Grand Prix since the August break, emerged on Wednesday with reports of legal complications.
Force India, on Monday, unveiled its new car --VJM11 -- for the 2018 season, hours ahead of first testing.
'I love Vijay. My heart is really broken because I know this is not ideal in the short term for him, but the big picture is really different'
They said creditors would be paid in full and all 405 jobs at the Silverstone-based team, that was co-owned by embattled Indian businessman Vijay Mallya and finished fourth last year, were safe.
The Silverstone-based team have finished fourth for the past two years