Mangalore-based Rediff reader Charulata Rao sent us this healthy dessert recipe.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? E-mail it to us!
Oats Laddoo is a very delicious and healthy sweet dish made from oats, coconut, jaggery and garnished with nuts.
Oats is high in fibre and having oats regularly helps to lower cholesterol levels.
This recipe is very easy to make. Try it!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 3/4 cup powdered jaggery
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp dried nuts powder (almonds and cashewnuts)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat a pan. Dry roast the oats for 2 to 3 minutes till it changes to light brown.
- Finely grind the above in a mixer and keep aside.
- Heat a pan on a low flame. Add powdered jaggery to the pan and 2 tbsp water.
- Once jaggery has completely melted, add grated coconut and keep stirring on a low flame till the coconut is fully absorbed by the jaggery.
- When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan and tends to become slightly thicker, switch off the flame.
- Add roasted oats powder, cardamom powder and nuts powder and mix well. Allow it to cool down.
- When the oats mixture is still warm, grease your palms with ghee and shape the ladoos.
- Delicious and healthy oats ladoos are ready to be served.
- Oats laddoos can be stored in an airtight container for upto a week.
- If you are not able to bind the mixture or if the mixture is too dry, add some ghee and before you shape them.
- You can also add walnuts to the dried nuts powder.
- How to make Spicy Tofu Salad
- How to make Couscous Salad
- How to make Cracked Wheat Rava Idli
- How to make Lentil Dosa
- How to make Oats ice cream
- How to make Russian Salad
- How to make Chicken Stew
- How to make Thai-style Spring Rolls
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.