Rediff reader and food blogger Jayati Saha shares this easy-to-make recipe of chicken stew.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? Email it to us!
A very easy recipe that is light but bursting with flavour," says Jayati.
Here’s the recipe of Chicken Stew with Curd:
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 100 gm curd
- 2 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 potatoes, halved
- 2 pieces raw papaya
- Salt, as per taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp green chilli paste, or as per taste
- 2-3 dry red chilli
- Whole garam masalas - 2 cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ghee
- A pinch of garam masala powder
- Clean and wash the chicken. Marinate with ginger paste, garlic, green chilli paste and curd. Add salt too, as per taste.
- Marinate for an hour or so.
- Heat a little oil and lightly saute the potato and raw papaya with a pinch of salt. Keep aside.
- In the same oil (add more, if required) add the bayleaf and whole garam masalas. Let it splutter. Add chopped onion with a pinch of salt and sugar and fry till golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix well. Add dry red chilli.
- Stir for a minute. Add 2 cups of water (more, if you want it soupy).
- Add the sautéed potatoes and papaya. Cover it with a lid.
- Cook over low heat till the chicken and vegetables are done. Adjust the seasoning.
- Turn off flame and sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Add a spoonful of ghee if you want some extra flavour.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy this super healthy chicken dish with tawa roti.
Image courtesy: Jayati Saha
- How to make Thai-style Spring Rolls
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.