Rediff reader and food blogger Linsy Patel shares this low-fat spring rolls recipe.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? Email it to us!
The Thai style spring roll filling has bean sprouts and thin noodles as well. For a healthy option and better crunch I like to bake it,” says Linsy.
- 1 small head napa cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 Thai green chilli, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp chopped Thai Basil
- 1 cup bean thread glass noodles
- Soya sauce, hot garlic sauce, as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 16 spring rolls sheets
- Cut all vegetables into match stick size strips.
- Heat a wok. Add oil. Add ginger, chilli and garlic and saute till you get nice aroma.
- Add all chopped vegetables, noodles and seasoning.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes only, you need crunch in vegetables so don't overcook it.
- Defrost the wrappers while filling cools down.
- Once filling is cold, start making the rolls.
- Take a wrapper and put one tbsp filling on one corner and roll it. Seal it.
- Preheat the oven while you are filling the rolls, so it is ready when you are done.
- Spray oil in baking dish and put all the spring rolls there.
- Bake it on 400 for 15 minutes until it is brown on both sides.
- You can deep fry it too.
- Take it out and enjoy it with hot chilli garlic sauce.
Image courtesy: Linsy Patel
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.