Rediff reader and food blogger Aparna shares this healthy ‘Appos’ recipe.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? Email it to us!
Here’s the recipe of Instant Masala Oats Appos/ Paniyaram:
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (I used Quaker's)
- 1 cup curds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 3/4 cup mixed veggies (I used blanched carrot, beans, peas and corn kernels)
- 2 tbsp fine semolina
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 2 tsp chickpea flour
- 1 or 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Fistful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- A sprig of curry leaves
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Pinch of soda (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/Oil - few drops
- Mix oats, semolina, curds, rice flour and chick pea flour in a bowl. Adjust the batter consistency by adding very little water.
- Add mixed veggies (you can pulse them for one round in mixer), finely chopped onions, green chillies, grated ginger and curry leaves.
- Add salt as per taste and soda (optional).
- Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 mins so that oats gets soaked in curd.
- Heat the appe kayili (pan to make appos/ paniyaram)
- Add a drop of ghee/oil in each mould of the pan.
- Adjust the consistency of batter once again (if batter becomes very thick) and spoon out into each mould until it fills upto 3/4th .
- Cook it covered over low flame.
- Flip them in between and cook on other side until they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Once done serve them warm with chutney of your choice or sauce.
Image courtesy: Aparna
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.