Serena Williams has been listed as eligible to return to tennis by the ITIA, fueling speculation about a possible comeback after rejoining the anti-doping testing pool.
Serena Williams has re-entered the tennis anti-doping testing pool but the 23-times Grand Slam champion denied on Tuesday that the move had anything to do with her making a return to the sport she dominated for nearly two decades.
The sanctions are linked to a criminal case heard in 2023 involving a match-fixing syndicate in Belgium over which Bulgarian official Stefan Milanov and French player Leny Mitjana were suspended earlier this year.
Yannick Thivant, Thomas Brechemier, Gabriel Petit, Thomas Setodji and Hugo Daubias are the players sanctioned, with the punishments linked to a criminal case heard in 2023 involving a match-fixing group in Belgium, the ITIA said.
Jannik Sinner beat defending champion and Spanish second seed Carlos Alcaraz to win his first Wimbledon title.
Tennis Australia said the ITIA confirmed the breach related to the use of a prohibited method rather than the presence of a prohibited substance.
'We have exhausted all options for reform through dialogue, and the governing bodies have left us no choice but to seek accountability through the courts.'
Iga Swiatek tested positive in an out-of-competition sample in August but the ITIA accepted that it was caused by contamination of her medication melatonin.
Simona Halep questioned the "big difference" in how doping cases are treated after world number two Iga Swiatek was handed a one-month drugs ban
Novak Djokovic said a majority of players believe favouritism is at play in the tennis anti-doping system.
World men's number one Jannik Sinner has been cleared of fault or negligence by an independent tribunal after failing two drug tests in March, the International Tennis Integrity Authority (ITIA) said on Tuesday.
WADA has appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against an independent tribunal's decision in August to clear world number one Jannik Sinner of wrongdoing after he failed drug tests
The Pole accepted a one-month ban that ended on December 4 after accounting for time already served.
Sinner gives the impression of a player with all the answers against whoever he comes up against, but the off-court questions he is likely to face about the doping case that surfaced in August might be harder to shrug off.
Factbox on Italy's Jannik Sinner, who beat Germany's Alexander Zverev 6-3, 7-6(4), 6-3 in the Australian Open final
Former Wimbledon and French Open champion Simona Halep had her four-year doping ban cut to nine months.
Simona Halep has been banned until October 2026 for two separate anti-doping rule violations
The 36-year-old was involved in match-fixing with two Algerian players
Jannik Sinner overpowered American Taylor Fritz in the final to become the first Italian man to win the US Open singles title.
'I guess only the top players' images matter. I guess only the independent tribunal's opinion on the top players is taken as sound and right.'
Simona Halep is unsure if she will play again if the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) does not uphold her appeal against a four-year doping suspension, the Romanian former world number one has said.
'Now, because of these mistakes, I'm not feeling that confident to continue with them. I was struggling a lot in the last months. I was waiting for the result. The only thing I need right now is some clean air.'
'The ITIA accepts that the player did not intend to cheat, that his violation was inadvertent and unintentional, and that he bears no significant fault or negligence for it.'
The hearings at the Lausanne-based Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) are expected to run until Friday. The court said it was unclear when a ruling might be rendered.
The International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) said it is investigating two matches from this month's Wimbledon Grand Slam after bookmakers flagged "possible irregular betting patterns".
"Simona Halep, a 31-year-old Romanian tennis player, has been provisionally suspended under Article 7.12.1 of the 2022 Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP)," the body said in a statement.
Gehlot's comment comes after he came under fire from the Bharatiya Janata Party and other Opposition parties over the incident in which a temple priest was burnt alive in Karauli district over a land dispute.