A man was arrested in Gujarat for allegedly receiving a significant portion of Rs 3.71 crore siphoned off from a Mumbai woman in a 'digital arrest' scam. The cybercriminals impersonated law enforcement and court officials, staging a fake online hearing to deceive the victim.
An 83-year-old Pune resident died of a heart attack after being defrauded of Rs 1.2 crore in a 'digital arrest' scam. Fraudsters posing as police and CBI personnel targeted the man and his wife, threatening them with arrest in a money laundering case.
'...in the minds of the youth of Assam.' 'Now, no protests happen in Assam because of fear of police encounters.'
Naval boats have found the body of Johan Mohammad Nisar Ahmed Pathan, taking the toll in the December 18 tragedy to 15.
A ferry carrying over 100 passengers capsized after being hit by a Navy craft off the Gateway of India in Mumbai, killing 13 people, including Navy personnel and two contractual naval employees. The ferry, 'Neel Kamal,' had a capacity of 90 passengers but was carrying over 100 people at the time of the accident. A case has been registered against the Navy craft driver at the Colaba police station. The mangled ferry has been taken to 'Bhaucha Dhakka' in south Mumbai.
A police official said they were verifying the details but no First Information Report has been registered yet.
The search operation launched by naval boats to locate a seven-year-old boy missing after a Navy craft rammed into a ferry off the Mumbai coast two days ago continued on Friday, an official said.
The two missing persons have been identified as 43-year-old Hansraj Bhati and seven-year-old Johan Mohammad Nisar Ahmed Pathan, the police said.
Two passengers died and 75 others were rescued after a speed boat crashed into a ferry off the Mumbai coast. The ferry, carrying 80 passengers and five crew members, was on its way to Elephanta Islands when the speed boat circled it before crashing into it. The Navy and Coast Guard launched a massive rescue operation, with 11 Navy boats, three Marine Police boats, and a Coast Guard boat deployed. Four helicopters were also involved in the search and rescue operation. Police, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Authority personnel, and local fishermen are assisting in the rescue efforts. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that seven to eight passengers remain missing.
The senior IPS officer said Tata displayed resoluteness, uncharacteristic of his calm demeanour, when the iconic hotel came under attack.
He was unwell since sometime for which he underwent treatment at the INHS Asvini hospital in Colaba area from July 19 and was discharged on August 21, the official said.
The Mumbai police on Wednesday recorded the statement of IPS officer and former state intelligence chief Rashmi Shukla for over two hours in connection with a case of alleged illegal tapping of phones, an official said.
'They often complained about the ill-treatment by their employer in Kuwait. They were not taken to a doctor also when they fell ill.'
Shukla, incidentally, was accused of tapping phones of some political leaders while she was chief of the state intelligence department in Maharashtra.
The Colaba Police have registered an offence against more than 350 persons for the 34-hour-long protest at the Gateway of India.
An FIR had been registered against Prabhu at Colaba police station in south Mumbai under section 153 B (Imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration) of the Indian Penal Code.
Mumbai police also asked its counterparts in Navi Mumbai to investigate how the two managed to speak to each other and that too for so long.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Indian Navy officials, in their statement, informed that 'in an unfortunate incident today at Naval Dockyard Mumbai, 3 naval personnel lost their lives in an explosion in an internal compartment onboard INS Ranvir. Responding immediately, the ship's crew brought the situation under control. There is no major material damage', the officials said.
The actor was involved in a brawl with a South Africa-based businessman in February this year.
The actor got into a scuffle recently and had to be bailed out. Here's a look at when he's turned violent earlier
In her complaint, the 37-year-old stated that a cab was booked by the accused and then stopped the vehicle nearby to purchase liquor. "She was then forced by the accused to consume alcohol and touched her inappropriately. He then raped her in the car.
Advocate Ejaz Naqvi filed his 'vakalatnama' for Faheem on Monday. Till now, no lawyer has appeared for any of the four accused in the case.
A Ganesh Nadar tracks down four Mumbai police officers who confronted the terrorists on 26/11, but whose bravery that night has gone unnoticed or unrewarded.
The navy, police, the anti-terror squad and the army are involved in a massive search operation. Rediff.com's Prasanna D Zore reports
A Mumbai court on Monday remanded Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed to police custody till January 23 in the November 26 Taj hotel firing case. Ansari and Ahmed, accused in the recent attacks in Mumbai, were produced before the court on Monday and remanded to police custody in the case registered at the Colaba police station in south Mumbai. They were arrested in February last year in connection with the attack on a Central Reserve Police Force camp in Uttar Pradesh.
The charges have been framed in cases that involve selling of fake stamp papers. \n
The incident came to public notice when the American national tweeted about it, and her tweet soon went viral on social networking sites like Tweeter and Facebook.
A local court on Wednesday sent United Kingdom national Duncan Grant to judicial custody till July 27.\n\n
Allan Johan Water, an accused in a 2001 child sexual abuse case, was extradited from the United States on Monday.
Allan Johan Water was booked for child sexual abuse by the Colaba police in south Mumbai in 2001 along with another British national Duncan Grant.
Assistant Police Inspector G W Jadhav allegedly adopted a soft line towards prime accused Abdul Karim Telgi when the scamster was arrested by the Colaba police in 1995.
The shutdown generated tension in Mumbai and a number of towns and cities across Maharashtra.
For him going into the Taj was his duty just as it was controlling angry rioters at Azad Maidan in August 2012.
'These ISIS terrorists want to smash Western civilisation, smash India. For the time being though, their main target would be the US and Europe.'