Food blogger and Rediff reader M R Anandalakshmi shares this healthy millet recipe.
Do you have a recipe to share? Email it to us!
Kambu (Pearl Millet or Bajra) Idli is easy to digest and makes for a healthy breakfast or even a light dinner," says Anandalakshmi.
Here's the recipe:
- 2 cups kambu (pearl millet)
- 2 cups idli rice (parboiled rice)
- 1 cup urad dal
- Salt as required
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- Soak kambu and idli rice together for eight hours.
- Soak urad dal for two hours.
- Wet grind urad dal to a fine batter. Remove and keep it aside.
- Now wet grind kambu and idli rice to a coarse batter.
- Mix all the batter. Add salt and mix well.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil and fill with batter.
- Place them in an idli cooker for up to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot Kambu idli with coconut chutney or onion chutney or mint chutney.
Photo: Rediff Archives
- How to make Couscous Salad
- How to make Cracked Wheat Rava Idli
- How to make Lentil Dosa
- How to make Oats ice cream
- How to make Russian Salad
- How to make Chicken Stew
- How to make Thai-style Spring Rolls
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.