The decision needs to be ratified by Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) members and follows a bidding process which included a joint presentation by the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
'I am pretty sure that Morgan went to the selectors and Ashley Giles and said he wanted his best team at all times this year in Twenty20'
John Edrich scored a triple Test hundred and over 100 first class hundreds in a magnificent career.
The ECB said a range of new measures would focus on leadership, education and opportunity to address the under-representation of the BAME community in English cricket.
The competition involves the nine top-ranked Test nations competing in a league between July 2019 and April 2021, with the top two sides progressing to the final which will be held in England in June 2021.
The ECB took the decision following discussions with the First Class Counties, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and the Professional Cricketers' Association (PCA). The Board also announced that it is working on three new options, including the three-Test series against the West Indies, the T20 Cup and the women's schedule against India, for a possible start in June, July or August.
At the start of the ICC's Chief Executives Committee (CEC) meeting, BCCI CEO Rahul Johri expressed India's concerns about the security of its players in the mega event which is scheduled to start May 30.
It is learnt that neither Head Coach Ravi Shastri nor captain Virat Kohli sought any written permission from the BCCI to attend the former's book launch at the team hotel.
England's One-Day International series with South Africa has been cancelled after reported breaches of the teams' bio-secure environment in Cape Town.
England are to play three home Tests against Sri Lanka next year and four against Pakistan.
One of the old world charms at any English ground is the printed scorecards that a spectator can buy at the end of day's play or match by paying a pound or two. It is considered to be a souvenir for the fans.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has decided to make its biggest investment in women's cricket by pumping three million pounds to launch a six-team super league tournament.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is currently in talks with India and South Africa to host a women's tri-series later this year. The Indian women's team were scheduled to play a bilateral series comprising three ODIs and three T20Is against England which was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The two teams will play three Twenty20 Internationals, starting July 3 at Old Trafford, followed by three One-day Internationals and then the five Tests at the Edgbaston, the Lord's, Trent Bridge, the Rose Bowl and The Oval.
'I felt isolated, humiliated at times. I lost my career to racism.'
None of the players will be available for at least the first two to three games of their respective franchises.
Peter Moores has left his role as England cricket coach, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Twitter on Saturday.
In a mark of solidarity, England will join the West Indies and carry an identical logo on their playing shirts, an ECB release said.
Cricket's last appearance at the Games was at Kuala Lumpur in 1998, when a South African team featuring Jacques Kallis won the men's 50-over competition.
Kevin Pietersen will not be recalled by England despite scoring an unbeaten 326 for Surrey.
Joe Root was named 'Test Player of the Year', 'Limited Overs Player of the Year' and Fans' 'Player of the Year' at England's annual awards ceremony on Monday. The Yorkshire batsman, 25, hit two centuries in England's Ashes triumph last year, scored four one-day tons and was his team's leading scorer at the recent World Twenty20 tournament in India. He overcame competition from Stuart Broad and Ben Stokes for the Test award and edged Jos Buttler and David Willey in the Limited Overs category, with both prizes decided upon by a media poll.
England's players will wear the names of selected COVID-19 workers with cricketing backgrounds on their training shirts during the upcoming Test series against West Indies in recognition of their selfless services. The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has announced that the three-match Test series, to be played behind closed doors at The Ageas Bowl and Old Trafford due to the pandemic, will be named "raise the bat" series as a tribute to those on the frontline.
ECB's Harrison said the board was getting used to the idea of hosting cricket in empty stadiums.
Paul Downton is leaving his position as managing director of England cricket, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Wednesday.
Long-serving England women's captain Charlotte Edwards announced her retirement after a sparkling and pioneering 20-year career. The 36-year-old led her country to glory in the Ashes, World Cup and ICC World Twenty20, winning a world-record 309 caps and scoring over 10,000 runs across the formats. "Everyone who knows me -- and how much I love playing for England -- will appreciate what a difficult decision it has been for me to retire from international cricket," she said in a statement. "It's a decision I've reached after much thought and detailed discussion with (England coach) Mark Robinson and (director of England women's cricket) Clare Connor about what is best for the team going forward. "I have given 20 years to playing for England and I leave very proud of the standing in which the women's game is held and of my contribution as a player and captain." Edwards led England on 220 occasions, with the highlights of her captaincy including three Ashes triumphs against Australia -- in 2008, 2013 and 2014 -- and a World Cup/World Twenty20 double in 2009.
ECB confirms playing conditions for The Hundred
However, ECB chief executive Tom Harrison put the cold water on the prospect, saying that it was highly unlikely that a day-night Test would be there in the schedule when the Ashes series would return to England next year.
Earlier this month, ECB managing director Ashley Giles had said that cricketers will be provided "mental health screening" before they commit to any further tours.
he England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) dropped Hales from England's preliminary World Cup squad after the Guardian reported the player had tested positive for recreational drugs.
The duration of a game of cricket is set to shrink further with England and Wales Cricket Board planning an even shorter format where two teams will face 100 balls in an innings.
'Ghost-like stands repel rather than attract audiences,' observes Ashis Ray.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) jointly announced that Steve Elworthy had been appointed as Managing Director of the ICC Cricket World Cup, which will be held in England and Wales in 2019. Elworthy will also have an oversight of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 and the ICC Women's World Cup 2017, which will both be staged in England and Wales. Elworthy has previously been Tournament Director for three different ICC global events: the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013 and the ICC World T20 tournament in 2009, which were staged in England and Wales, as well as the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 tournament in South Africa in 2007.
A new city-based Twenty20 tournament for English cricket intended to rival the Indian Premier League (IPL) and Australia's Big Bash moved a step closer on Monday following a key presentation by the sport's governing body.
Cricket Australia wants to establish the tradition of hosting a day-night Test every year, including during the Ashes series against England in 2017-18, chief executive James Sutherland said on Tuesday.
Former Ashes-winning captain Andrew Strauss has expressed his interest in the newly-created director of English cricket role for the ECB.
Kevin Pietersen will fly to India at the request of his IPL team Sunrisers Hyderabad.