Kajol and Rani and their friends celebrated Shubho Bijoya with sindoor khela, and made pretty pictures.
State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) said on Tuesday that as many as 78,569 employees have opted for VRS, and added that it expects to save Rs 1,300 crore in wage bills this fiscal after the scheme becomes effective in January.
Why is the Simmba man on the prowl in the telly jungle?:))
The prime minister will also visit the Hanuman Garhi temple and the buildings on roads leading to it too are being spruced up.
Dikshit, 81, passed away on Saturday afternoon at the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in New Delhi due to cardiac arrest.
Producer Krishan Kumar and his wife Tanya threw a grand Diwali bash, and invited all their friends over.
Ajit Mishra, vice president, research, Religare Broking, answers your stockmarket queries.
BSNL Chairman and Managing Director P K Purwar told PTI that the scheme will be open between November 4 and December 3, and that instructions have already been given to field units to inform employees about the VRS offering.
Bollywood stars with their families responded to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's appeal to show the nation's 'collective resolve and solidarity' in its fight against coronavirus with a symbolic gesture of lighting a lamp on Sunday night.
Giving details of coronavirus situation in the country, Bhushan said the previous highest surge has already been crossed and the trend is going upward and that is a cause for worry and that is something they continuously share with the states and UTs and try to help them tackle the pandemic in a more effective manner.
Veteran music composer Khayyam passed into the ages on August 19, and several film personalities visited his home in Juhu, a north west suburb of Mumbai, to pay their last respects.
Sonu Nigam, Mahima Chaudhary, Lesle Lewis and chef Sanjeev Kapoor attended the event.
ICICI Bank says it blocked all UPI transactions made through PhonePe due to security concerns.
This is the second instance of mainstream banks blocking services to new-age digital payments companies.
The government on Monday budgeted Rs 1.75 lakh crore from stake sale in public sector companies and financial institutions, including 2 PSU banks and one general insurance company, in the next fiscal year beginning April 1. The amount is lower than the record Rs 2.10 lakh crore which was budgeted to be raised from CPSE disinvestment in the current fiscal year. However, the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the government's CPSE stake sale programme, and the target has been lowered to Rs 32,000 crore in the Revised Estimates.
Instead of wasting your breath on badly recycled versions of beloved classics, listen to Sukanya Verma's pick of 15 under-rated Bollywood numbers.
With the disruption caused by the second wave of Covid-19 pandemic, the 'fear of unknown' is looming over the government's privatisation drive. Although there is a lot of uncertainty and unpredictability on how things will unfold, the government is hopeful of completing the transactions listed in the Budget with a delay of one to two months, said a top government official. However, "there are many unknown factors now, and we do not know whether there could be a third wave. But we are trying to carry on with our work", the official said." Since there is a lot of uncertainty, the estimates will have to be revised as rating agencies are revising their outlook for growth.
The government last month had approved a plum Rs 69,000 crore revival package for BSNL and MTNL that includes merging the two loss-making firms, monetising their assets and offering VRS to employees so that the combined entity turns profitable in two years.
'The announcement has come too late. This should have been done years ago.'
The divestment process, however, will not be an easy affair as there are multiple stakeholders, including the employee unions, whose concerns will have to be addressed.
After a gruelling 24 hours, the PhonePe team has fully restored UPI on the payment platform. The app is up and running again with ICICI Bank as its new partner with all payment instruments enabled.
The total recoveries have surged to 58,27,704 while there are 9,02,425 active cases of coronavirus infection in the country.
Delhi recorded 17,282 fresh cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the highest single-day surge in the national capital since the onset of the pandemic, while over 100 fatalities were reported, according to data shared by the health department.
Ayodhya Nagar Nigam corporator Haji Asad hoped that Kashi and Mathura issues will not be raked up after the CBI court ruling.
'For the film-maker, as for the photographer, barbershops with their many moments of interest -- wall-to-wall mirrors, shiny accoutrements, beaded curtains -- provide ample scope for mis-en-scene,' says Ranjita Ganesan.
Meet the winners at the Zee Rishtey Awards.
Cool red carpet fashion, right here.
The app, envisioned by Sachin and dedicated to himself, is conceptualised and developed by JetSynthesys.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has sent a letter to the Pilibhit District Election Officer seeking necessary action against Bharatiya Janata Party MP.
"I was standing outside my car with the door open. I was going to a temple there to offer my prayers. Few people came around my car and pushed the door. The door hit my leg," she said.
The government has been pressing citizens to pay taxes and be compliant, but they have very little to show regarding improved efficiencies in the companies they themselves own, the fund managers said.
Just to promote govt's policy of Make in India, BSNL said, it cannot afford to procure sub-standard equipment from inexperienced companies, not having proven technology. BSNL complained that when competitors were procuring world-class 4G equipment from experienced vendors, why should BSNL be compelled to procure locally.
'All the hotels and restaurants from where I used to eat have been shut. I used to beg but now there is no one to give me alms too'
Aamir Khan will be the face of Vivo, the title sponsor of IPL, digital payments company PhonePe, and shoe brand Walkaroo this league season.
Border, directed by J P Dutta, has completed 20 years since it released in 1997.
Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan appealed to people to boycott products from China and also directed officials of his ministry not to procure any Chinese products for day-to-day office use while his ministerial colleague Ramdas Athawale said all restaurants and hotels that sell Chinese food in India should be closed down.
Leading the congratulatory messages from the film industry for the ace shuttler were Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
His decision follows an independent investigation done on behalf of Flipkart and Walmart into an allegation of serious personal misconduct. Bansal, however, denies the allegations.
In all, 25 Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) posts, 8 MD posts and 2 Chairman posts are lying vacant, according to a written reply by Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises P Radhakrishnan in the Lok Sabha.