Nawaz Sharif was the last Pakistani prime minister to visit the US on an official trip in October 2015.
China accuses Isa of terror activities in the remote Xinjiang region where there is frequent violence between the local Uyghur population and government forces.
The Balochs were totally suppressed by the Punabi-dominated Pakistani Army till 2004. But their desire for independence has remained as strong as ever. They started a second war of independence in December 2005, which continues till now despite the ruthless actions taken to suppress them by the previous government of Pervez Musharraf and the present government of Asif Ali Zardari.
'The India-Pakistan relationship is in a deep freeze, though it could be a lot worse had there not been a new LoC ceasefire a year ago.' 'The India-Pakistan relationship will only start to thaw if the Pakistani military decides it's prepared to push for detente.'
Maintaining that India's decision to revoke Article 370 of the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir in August year does not have any external ramifications, Kumar said that the people have marched ahead despite Pakistan's "nefarious attempt" to derail peace and prosperity.
In yet another brazen attack on a Pakistani airport, heavily-armed militants on Sunday stormed an aerodrome and destroyed its radar system, killing two engineers in the restive Balochistan province.
A retired Pakistan army officer incurs army chief General Bajwa's wrath, reveals Rana Banerji, who headed the Pakistan desk at the Research and Analysis Wing, India's external intelligence agency.
'The narrative of patriotism has been framed around the army and competing worldviews about Pakistan and those who do not fit the army's parameters are ostracised as rebellious, treasonous, and even blasphemous'
Remember the US withdrawal agreement was signed in February 2020. In the intervening period, a proper evacuation plan ought to have been in place. It was not. Consequently, tens of thousands of Afghans who had worked as interpreters, drivers, suppliers of goods and services, etc, face brutal retribution from the Taliban, Virendra Kapoor points out.
Baloch nationalists have targetted Gwadar port in the past as they look upon the Chinese-financed port as a gateway to facilitate the exploitation of the gas resources of the province.
Meet Balochistan's 80-year-old conspirator in chief against Pak President Musharraf.
Pakistan on Wednesday arrested Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Maulana Masood Azhar, his brother and "several individuals" belonging to his dreaded outfit, which is suspected to have engineered the Pathankot terror attack, and sealed its offices after India demanded action, linking it to the fate of Foreign Secretary-level talks.
At least 15 people were killed on Saturday when a powerful 7.2-magnitude aftershock struck areas of southwest Pakistan devastated by a massive earthquake that claimed over 500 lives earlier this week.
Former President Pervez Musharraf was on Thursday formally arrested and remanded to judicial custody for a fortnight over the 2006 killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti.
The woes of Pakistan's former military dictator Pervez Musharraf continued when an anti-terrorism court issued non-bailable arrest warrants against him and former prime minister Shaukat Aziz in the high-profile 2006 murder case of Baloch leader Akbar Bugti.
The statement comes in the midst of countrywide protests against the new citizenship law.
A selection of some interesting stories from Wednesday that you possibly would not have read in your newspaper.
The party of former Pakistan military ruler Pervez Musharraf, facing a series of legal cases over his actions while in power, has said it would boycott Pakistan's May 11 general election.
At least 19 people were killed and 25 others injured on Sunday in a car bomb attack that targeted a bus taking Shia pilgrims to Iran in Pakistan's restive southwest, hours after 21 soldiers abducted by Taliban from check posts near Peshawar were gunned down by the militants.
On being challenged by the army's patrol party, the boy immediately surrendered.
Ways to deepen ties between the two neighbours with special focus on issues like visa regime and education and the progress in the dialogue process came up for discussion at the fourth round of India-Pakistan Parliamentarians Dialogue.
A Pakistani anti-terrorism court on Wednesday issued non-bailable arrest warrants for several persons, including former President Pervez Musharraf, who have been accused of involvement in the 2006 killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti.
There is a perception amongst those fighting the government in Pakistan that the only sure shot way of drawing Islamabad's attention is to attack the Chinese, as the government does not pay much heed to attacks on hapless Pakistani citizens, says Alok Bansal.
The bodies of two jawans who were brutally killed by Pakistan troops were being flown to Delhi. Wrapped in the tri-colour, the bodies of Lance Naik Hemraj, 29, and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, 28, who laid down their lives while fighting Pakistani troop during a raid by 29 Baloch Regiment, were brought to Rajouri from the forward post in Poonch district on Wednesday.
Pakistan's top leadership reacted angrily on Saturday to a resolution introduced in the United States Congress seeking the right to self-determination for Baloch people, with Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani describing the move as an attack on the country's sovereignty. Gilani condemned the resolution moved in the US House of Representatives by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher on Friday.
Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf was forced to delay his planned return to the country from self-exile after he failed to get any assurances from the military and the Pakistan People's Party-led government about his security, sources said on Friday. Two Pakistani courts have issued arrest warrants for Musharraf in cases related to the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti and former premier Benazir Bhutto.
Fourteen paramilitary troopers were killed in an ambush by militants in Balochistan, one of the deadliest attacks in the restive province of southwest Pakistan in recent months.
Pakistan has raised a 20,000 strong force to provide foolproof security to its nuclear weapons and strategic assets, the military said in Islamabad on Thursday.
The agreement is subject to approval by the IMF management and consideration by its executive board, which is expected in early April.
Two persons were killed and three others injured when a vehicle hit a landmine in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan today, police said.
'We were scared about what would happen if these terrorists managed to enter the building.'
The Pakistan government has informed a court that it cannot extradite former President Pervez Musharraf in connection with a case registered over the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti in a military operation in 2006.
A Pakistani court has given authorities seven days to initiate action against former President Pervez Musharraf in connection with a case related to the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti, expressing dissatisfaction over the slow pace of investigation.
Pakistan foreign ministry on Monday summoned the acting American envoy and lodged a "strong protest" over the tabling of a resolution in the United States Congress seeking the right to self-determination for the Baloch people which has emerged as the latest irritant in bilateral ties.
Terrorists have shot dead at least 21 people after abducting about 30 passengers from two Karachi-bound buses in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province, prompting a massive operation by security forces to hunt down the gunmen.
Bristling with anti-India sentiments, former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has accused the United States and other western countries of being partisan towards it and repeated allegations that New Delhi supported rebels in Pakistan.
The attack was claimed by the outlawed Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) which said it would not tolerate 'any Chinese military expansionist endeavours on Baloch soil'.
Former President Pervez Musharraf has abandoned plans to return to Pakistan from self-exile in Britain after the military leadership "cold-shouldered" his demands for extra security to counter multiple threats to his life from militant outfits like Al-Qaeda and Taliban.
'I criticise the interference of the army in politics.' 'But the people know I am not anti-Pakistan.' 'Public support is my biggest strength.'
"We will give Rs 1 million in cash and a bungalow worth Rs 100 million to anybody who kills Musharraf. And we'll also provide him full security," Shahzain Bugti told media persons at Pir Jo Goth in Sindh province on Sunday.