Rediff reader Manisha Bhadana tells us how to make marshmallow candies for Diwali.
What's your favourite Diwali recipe? Tell us!
We all know how much kids love candies.
This Diwali, treat your young ones to Chocolate Marshmallow Pops.
The best part -- they're absolutely easy to make.
Here's the recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes 26 candies
Calories: 45 g
Proteins: 0.6 g
Fat: 1.2 g
- 100 gm chocolate
- 1 bag or 200 gm marshmallows
- 1 packet lollipop sticks
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkle
- One sheet of cellophane
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Insert the lollipop sticks in the marshmallows.
- Dip the marshmallows in melted chocolate.
- Decorate with rainbow sprinkle.
- Set them aside in straight position by inserting the stick in your rice or beans filled container.
- Wrap them in colourful cellophane or put them in an attractive gift box.
- You can also freeze them.
Image courtesy: Manisha Bhadana
Do you have an interesting Diwali recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Simply write in to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Diwali recipes') with your name, home-town and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph, if possible.
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.
Click here for interesting food recipes and features!