India's much-anticipated tour of South Africa is all set to go ahead in December with BCCI President N Srinivasan and his CSA counterpart Chris Nenzani agreeing "in principle" for the series during discussions on the sidelines of the ICC Board meeting.
South African Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has cautioned Proteas skipper Graeme Smith to stay out of politics and concentrate on cricket instead.
Former International Cricket Council CEO Haroon Lorgat was on Saturday appointed as the new chief executive officer of the Cricket South Africa (CSA), replacing the controversial Gerald Majola.
Tributes poured in for AB de Villiers after the South African batter on Friday announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, with Indian maestro Virat Kohli aptly summing up his greatness by calling him the "best player of our times".
Imran Tahir has alleged that he was racially abused by an Indian fan during the fourth ODI
Cricket South Africa chief executive Gerald Majola has said that no South African player can slip out the team hotel during away tours as done by Pakistani wicket-keeper Zulqarnain Haider in the midst of an ODI series against his country in Dubai earlier this week.
'NSE has thousands of employees. It is their institution. So it's a dear family.' 'One should not hurt the morale of these people.'
Cricket South Africa (CSA) have put in place racial quotas for the national team across all three formats of the game in an effort to increase the number of black players in a sport still dominated by whites.
South Africa left-arm spinner Aaron Phangiso will miss the first two Twenty20 Internationals against Australia this week after his action was found to be illegal by the International Cricket Council's testing laboratory.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) has decided not to comment on India's scheduled tour to South Africa until BCCI's Annual General Meeting takes place on September 29.
Cricket South Africa is hopeful the unique format may catch on, though for many the jury will be out as the slogathon produced entertainment off the bat
South Africa start the first of two Tests in Pakistan on Jan. 26 as they return there for the first time since 2007.
All South African first class teams must include at least one black African player from October 16, Cricket South Africa (CSA) announced on Sunday.
Prince also said that when the players told the leadership about the racial abuse they have been suffering, the reply was "it's only some people, not the majority".
Aiden Markram will require surgery and is to be sidelined for six weeks
South Africa's limited over skipper Quinton de Kock didn't want Test captaincy as "extra pressure" of leading the team in traditional format would have been "too much stress". The 27-year-old had replaced Faf du Plessis as ODI skipper in January this year with South Africa's director of cricket Graeme Smith announcing in April that De Kock would not be elevated to Test captaincy.
Cricket South Africa chief executive Gerald Majola may still have to face charges over alleged irregularities in IPL bonuses paid to him and other CSA staff two years ago, according to reports.
Former South Africa international Gulam Bodi has been charged with attempting to fix matches in the country's domestic Twenty20 competition, the country's cricket authorities said on Thursday. Bodi, who played two one-day internationals and one Twenty20 match for the national side in 2007, has been charged with 'contriving to fix', or otherwise improperly influence aspects of the 2015 competition", they said. Cricket South Africa (CSA) said in December it were investigating an "intermediary" for betting syndicates and had laid charges. The 37-year-old, who was born in India but emigrated to South Africa as a teenager, did not feature in the tournament as a player, having last turned out in domestic cricket for the Highveld Lions in January 2015.
The selectors have added uncapped batsman Raynard van Tonder, seamer Lutho Sipamla and all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius to the squad.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) was ordered to reinstate its former president with immediate effect, the high court in Johannesburg ruled on Friday.
South Africa captain Faf du Plessis will begin training on Wednesday as he seeks to prove his fitness ahead of the four-match home Test series against Australia starting on March 1.
Following the global outrage against racism, a lot of former and current players have opened up on the issue.
South Africa's captain Temba Bavuma revealed that Quinton de Kock's withdrawal over Cricket South Africa's directive to take the knee in a way also inspired the team in their T20 World Cup match against the West Indies, in Dubai, on Tuesday.
The International Cricket Council does not like the current dispute between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Cricket South Africa (CSA), ICC chief executive Dave Richardson said.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) did not sell out to India, England and Australia over the decision to allow the 'Big Three' to effectively take control of the sport, president Chris Nenzani said on Tuesday.
The South Africa fast bowler said he had made the difficult decision to sign a four-year contract with Hampshire to ensure his financial security.
Former captain and Cricket South Africa Director of Cricket Graeme Smith will take the knee along with players and staff in support of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement during the 3TC Solidarity Cup at the Centurion. Smith said he backed national team pacer Ngidi Lungi on the BLM movement which gathered momentum following the death of African-American George Floyd.
The letter was also signed by five current coaches including national fielding coach Justin Ontong, ESPNCricinfo had reported.
Chinese Olympic women's swimmer Chen Xinyi tested positive for a banned substance at the Rio Olympics on August 7, state media said on Friday citing the country's swimming association, the latest doping scandal to mar competition at the Games.
With incumbent Corrie van Zyl all set to step down after the 2011 World Cup, Cricket South Africa on Thursday said it has started searching "far and wide" and was also open to the idea of a foreign coach for the Proteas.
A top contender for the CEO's post in Cricket South Africa, Haroon Lorgat's appointment could end up creating a rift between the CSA and the BCCI, which is opposed to the former ICC official joining.
Board of Control for Cricket in India secretary Sanjay Patel met with Cricket South Africa CEO Haroon Lorgat on Monday, on the sidelines of the ICC Chief Executives' meet in Dubai.
Cricket South Africa and Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula both on Saturday dismissed widespread social media comments that Graeme Smith had threatened to resign if he was not made the Proteas captain for the ongoing Test series against India.
The impasse over India's proposed tour to South Africa is likely to end by October 19, according to a top BCCI source, who hinted today that it would consist of two Tests and three ODIs in December.
Cricket South Africa on Monday imposed a ban of 20 years on Gulam Bodi after he admitted charges of contriving or attempting to fix matches in the 2015 RAM SLAM T20 Challenge Series.
Suspended Cricket South Africa (CSA) chief executive Gerald Majola has been dismissed for his part in a bonus scandal following a disciplinary hearing, the organisation announced on Friday.
Cricket South Africa has opposed the structural overhaul of the ICC which will cede executive decision-making to India, Australia and England, calling for an immediate withdrawal of the "fundamentally flawed" proposal.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) has paid rich tribute to the world's oldest cricketer, Lindsay Tuckett, who passed away in Bloemfontein this morning at the age of 97.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) have dismissed claims their players instigated the text-message row that led to batsman Kevin Pietersen being dropped by England. England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) chief executive David Collier told BBC radio on Sunday that Pietersen's texts to South African players during the recent Test series were in response to messages from the opposition.
The outfield of the Queen's Park Oval, the venue for the fourth Test between India and the West Indies, has been rated "poor" by the Match Referee as only 22 overs could be bowled on the opening day while unplayable conditions prevented play on four consecutive days. The match ended in a draw, denying India chance to defend their top rank in the Test table.