News for '-lokesh-sharma'

India reports record 64,399 new COVID-19 cases

India reports record 64,399 new COVID-19 cases

Rediff.com9 Aug 2020

The case fatality rate has dropped 2.01 per cent, according to ministry data.

'Pathan did not flout ambush clause'

'Pathan did not flout ambush clause'

Rediff.com14 Sep 2004

The Indian fast bowler's marketing agent said advertisement campaigns featuring Pathan were withdrawn before the start of the Champions Trophy.

Samjhauta: Sedition, murder charges framed against Assemanand

Samjhauta: Sedition, murder charges framed against Assemanand

Rediff.com24 Jan 2014

Seven years after Samjhauta Express blasts, a court on Friday framed murder, sedition and other charges against right wing Hindu activist Swami Aseemanand and three others paving the way for start of trial.

Samjhauta blast case: No proof against Lt Col Purohit says NIA chief

Samjhauta blast case: No proof against Lt Col Purohit says NIA chief

Rediff.com20 Apr 2016

The National Investigation Agency on Tuesday said there was no proof against Lt Col Prasad Purohit in the Samjhauta blast case.

'The first thing I missed after coming out of Bigg Boss 10 was...'

'The first thing I missed after coming out of Bigg Boss 10 was...'

Rediff.com21 Nov 2016

'I am disappointed because I wanted to show much more of me.' Lokesh Sharma discusses her Bigg Boss stint.

Pragya Thakur to get NIA's clean chit in Joshi murder case

Pragya Thakur to get NIA's clean chit in Joshi murder case

Rediff.com27 Dec 2013

The NIA has found nothing to suggest that Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and 3 others were involved in Malegaon and Samjhauta blasts accused Sunil Joshi's murder, reports Vicky Nanjappa.

4 accused in Malegaon blasts case get bail

4 accused in Malegaon blasts case get bail

Rediff.com14 Jun 2019

The four, who are in jail since their arrest in 2013, had approached the high court in 2016 after a special court rejected their bail pleas in June that year.

Swami Aseemanand acquitted, 3 convicted in 2007 Ajmer blast case

Swami Aseemanand acquitted, 3 convicted in 2007 Ajmer blast case

Rediff.com8 Mar 2017

Judge Dinesh Gupta let off the right-wing activist and six others, giving them "benefit of doubt".

A Hindu can never be a terrorist, says Harayana minister Anil Vij

A Hindu can never be a terrorist, says Harayana minister Anil Vij

Rediff.com22 Jun 2017

"If Hindus had been terrorists, then no other terrorists have existed."

Defence ministry worker arrested for helping Petro leak module

Defence ministry worker arrested for helping Petro leak module

Rediff.com24 Feb 2015

A casual worker employed at the Defence Ministry was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly providing forged identity card to a key accused in petroleum ministry leaks case while police maintained that no sensitive documents were leaked or stolen from the defence ministry.

Pak national makes last-minute plea in Samjhauta blasts case; verdict deferred

Pak national makes last-minute plea in Samjhauta blasts case; verdict deferred

Rediff.com11 Mar 2019

Special NIA court judge Jagdeep Singh posted the matter for March 14 after a Pakistani woman filed a petition claiming she had some evidence relevant to the case.

Why NIA court saw no merit in Aseemanand's confession in Mecca Masjid case

Why NIA court saw no merit in Aseemanand's confession in Mecca Masjid case

Rediff.com24 Apr 2018

The court also observed that working for Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh does not make a person communal and anti-social.

Aseemanand: Many aliases, one saffron identity

Aseemanand: Many aliases, one saffron identity

Rediff.com20 Mar 2019

Wearing multiple identities of religious preacher, science student and terror accused, the saffron robed Aseemanand, once known as the most wanted man in India, was the alleged link between the series of three bombings that ripped through India in 2007.

Malegaon blast case: NIA doesn't oppose Sadhvi's bail plea

Malegaon blast case: NIA doesn't oppose Sadhvi's bail plea

Rediff.com6 Jun 2016

The four accused had applied for bail in February earlier this year. The 2006 Malegaon case comprised of two sets of accused.

Dead suspects in Malegaon blast shown as living: Suspended ATS cop

Dead suspects in Malegaon blast shown as living: Suspended ATS cop

Rediff.com30 Dec 2016

In a sensational claim, a suspended Maharashtra anti-terrorism squad officer has told a Solapur court that two of the absconding accused in 2008 Malegaon blasts case are in fact dead but falsely shown as "alive" by high ranking police officers.

NIA drops charges against Sadhvi Pragya in Malegaon blast case

NIA drops charges against Sadhvi Pragya in Malegaon blast case

Rediff.com13 May 2016

During investigation, 'sufficient evidences have not been found against' Pragya Singh Thakur and five others, the NIA said, adding it has submitted in the chargesheet 'that the prosecution against them is not maintainable'.

Judge who acquitted Aseemanand and others in Mecca Masjid case resigns

Judge who acquitted Aseemanand and others in Mecca Masjid case resigns

Rediff.com16 Apr 2018

Hindutva preacher Swami Aseemanand and four others were acquitted in the Mecca Masjid blast with the judge saying that the prosecution failed to prove "even a single allegation" against them.

Corporate espionage: Police keen to unearth deep-rooted nexus

Corporate espionage: Police keen to unearth deep-rooted nexus

Rediff.com11 Mar 2015

The Delhi Police on February 20 arrested five corporate executives.

2006 Malegaon blasts: 9 accused set to walk free

2006 Malegaon blasts: 9 accused set to walk free

Rediff.com29 Aug 2013

The National Investigation Agency on Thursday told a Mumbai court it has found no evidence to link nine Muslims arrested in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case to the terror attack, a move that could see them walk free.

Sunil Joshi: The RSS leader who knew too much

Sunil Joshi: The RSS leader who knew too much

Rediff.com9 Dec 2013

Malegaon blasts were not the only terror strike Joshi orchestrated. He, says the charge-sheet by NIA, was involved in the planning and execution of blasts in Malegaon, Ajmer and Mecca Masjid.

Malegaon blast case: Charges dropped against 8 Muslim youths

Malegaon blast case: Charges dropped against 8 Muslim youths

Rediff.com25 Apr 2016

Charges against eight Muslim youths accused in the 2006 Malegaon bomb blasts case were on Monday dropped by a special court in Mumbai due to lack of evidence against them.

'NIA has become the BJP's parrot'

'NIA has become the BJP's parrot'

Rediff.com17 Apr 2018

'We were expecting death sentences, but now the court has acquitted them, despite Aseemanand himself admitting to his crime in front of a judge.' More importantly, it seems the tag of 'Hindu Terror' coined by the United Progressive Alliance government was wrong all along. Amjedullah Khan, spokesperson for the Majlis Bachao Tehreek, has been tracking the Mecca Masjid blast case from day one and was also involved in securing the release of more than 100 Muslims youths who were falsely accused in different terror cases in the aftermath of the blast. He spoke to Syed Firdaus Ashraf/Rediff.com about the acquittal of Swami Aseemanand and what it means.

MHA defends NIA's decision to not challenge bail to Assemanand

MHA defends NIA's decision to not challenge bail to Assemanand

Rediff.com11 Aug 2015

However, the certified copy of the said order was issued by the court only on May 1, 2015.

'I didn't like Bani's attitude in Bigg Boss 10'

'I didn't like Bani's attitude in Bigg Boss 10'

Rediff.com14 Nov 2016

'Manu and Manveer have a bigger image. They are popular and I could not be compared to them. I was a small face from a small town but I clearly stood apart and contributed a lot to my team.' Navin Prakash explains why he got eliminated from Bigg Boss 10.

Compensation to Muslim youth: AP govt to challenge HC order

Compensation to Muslim youth: AP govt to challenge HC order

Rediff.com17 Sep 2013

More than six years after the Hyderabad Mecca Masjid blast and local police falsely implicating dozens of local Muslim youngsters, the case continues to haunt both the minority community as well as the Andhra Pradesh government.

'Not my responsibility to babysit anyone on Bigg Boss 10'

'Not my responsibility to babysit anyone on Bigg Boss 10'

Rediff.com22 Nov 2016

Karan Mehra is happy to get out of Bigg Boss 10.

Who botched up the Malegaon blast investigation?

Who botched up the Malegaon blast investigation?

Rediff.com23 May 2016

The National Investigation Agency has accused the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad of planting evidence and coercing witnesses, but its own investigation is incomplete and leaves many questions unanswered.

« Prev  |