Supermodel Amit Ranjan also finds time for poetry.
He has walked for every top designer you can think of.
From Anita Dongre to Sabyasachi Mukherji, from Manish Malhotra to the late Wendell Rodricks, from Rohit Bal to Narendra Kumar Ahmed, from Ashish Soni to Rocky S, from J J Vallaya to Rajesh Pratap Singh -- he has modelled their creations.
But Amit Ranjan's journey has not been easy.
He defied his family -- who wanted him to make a career in the civil services -- to become a top model instead.
And, as a model and an actor, he does not underestimate the value of fitness.
In the video below, Amit takes you through a hardcore workout. This is meant for those who have already been exercising regularly before the workout. For the others, feel free to drool :)
In an earlier interview to Rediff.com, Amit had these tips to offer for budding models:
- Never ever quit your education or job to become a model.
- You can take up small assignments while you're still in college, but pursue it part-time, like a hobby.
- Once you have a steady flow of assignments you may consider taking a break to pursue modelling full time.
- The stakes are really high. Don't get carried away with the glitz and glamour you see on the ramp.
- There's a great deal of hard work and struggle that goes behind it. So come prepared.
- If you are passionate and willing, it's definitely worth a shot.
The lockdown has left this Patna lad with time to think.
And feel guilty for one of the biggest crimes humanity has committed.
He shares his thoughts in the video below.
Feature coordination and production: Rajesh Karkera/Rediff.com
*Rediff.com advises you to consult with your doctor/fitness trainer before doing the exercises shown in this video.