Impress your loved one with this Valentine's Day recipe shared by Chef Ranjan of Hotel Sahara Star.
Chicken Roulade stuffed with prunes, sauteed wood ear, strawberry ralish and beetroot mash
- 200 gm chicken breast
- 50 gm chicken skin
- 20 gm prunes
- 10 gm pine nuts
For sauteed mushrooms
- 10 gm wood ear mushrooms
- 2 gm chopped garlic
- 2 ml butter
- 2 gm salt
- 200 gm potatoes
- 50 gm butter
- 30 ml cream
- 10 gm beetroot reduction
- Salt to taste
- 50 gm strawberries
- 5 gm white balsamic vinegar
- 5 gm sugar
- 3 gm butter
- 2 gm paprika
- Chop prunes and pine nuts. Keep aside.
- Slit chicken, open properly and stuff prunes mixture inside and make a nice roulade.
- Wrap with chicken skin and steam for 15 mins in steamer. Keep aside.
- Make a regular mash of potaoes with butter, cream and salt. Add beetroot reduction and season well. Keep aside.
- Saute wood ear mushrooms with garlic in butter and season. Keep aside
- Cut strawberries in half. In a pan, take butter and saute the strawberries. Add sugar, salt and paprika powder. Keep aside.
- In a pan, take oil and sear chicken roulade till golden brown.
- Assemble in plate and garnish well.