Chef Yogesh Amin tells you how to make your first meal of the day healthy.
Green Goddess Smoothie
- 1 scooped ripe avocado
- 100 gm baby spinach
- 100 gm strawberry
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 oranges peeled
- 150 gm yoghurt
- Wash baby spinach and dry it.
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend till smooth texture.
- If smoothie is thick, add some ice.
- 4 brown bread slices
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 ripe tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsbp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- In a pan add oil, add onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, sauté till translucent.
- Add beaten eggs and scramble it over medium flame, season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and spread the prepared scrambled eggs on top, garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 bell peppers
- ½ tsp green chillies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Water as required
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Make the powder of oats and semolina in blender.
- Add curd, cumin powder, chilli powder, tomatoes, bell pepper, green chillies, water, salt and coriander leaves.
- Make a thick batter and rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat non-sticky pan add some oil, when oil is hot spread a ladle of batter.
- Flip when golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot along with coconut chutney.
Healthy Quinoa bowl
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extracts
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate cut into bits
- 1 cup mixed berries (chopped)
- 1 banana sliced
- Heat sauce pan add milk, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, dark chocolate and bring to boil, add quinoa.
- Cool the mixture and add berries and banana.
- Serve warm.
Chef Yogesh Amin is senior lecturer, food production, ITM Institute of Hotel Management.