Food blogger Swati Pareek shares a high protein, low fat recipe with us.
You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here's the recipe for Kala Chana Achari Pulao
- 1 1/2 cup black chickpeas
- 2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup pickle
- 2 tomato
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 black cardamoms
- 20 to 25 black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh coriander
- Wash the black chickpeas and soak them overnight in enough water.
- Boil the black chickpeas and keep them aside.
- Wash rice and soak in water.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Heat oil or ghee in a wok and temper with cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaves, black cardamom, black pepper and saute for a minute.
- Add boiled black chickpeas and saute for one minute.
- Add rice in it and mix it well. Add pickle and saute for a minute.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cup water. You can use the soaked water of black chickpeas, salt and mix it well.
- Add tomato wedges and 2 and 1/2 cup of water and cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes till the rice is done. Switch off the heat.
- Add lemon juice, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with pickle or raita.
Photo: Swati Pareek
- Recipe: How to make Gujarat's Surti Undhiyu
- Recipe: How to make Hassleback Potatoes
- How to make Boatman-style Chicken Curry
- How to make Chicken Stew
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!