Food blogger and Rediff reader Manasi Sadarangani, 23 shares a popular recipe.
- 2 tbsp ghee/butter
- 9 to 10 cubes paneer
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- Paste of 1 onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup tomato pulp
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 whole red chilli
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cashew paste/cream (optional)
- In a large kadhai, heat ghee or butter.
- Add jeera, whole red chillies and bay leaf.
- When it splutters, add ginger garlic paste and onion paste.
- Saute well till colour changes to golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt as per taste.
- Saute on low flame till all spices are cooked well.
- Marinate paneer cubes with turmeric, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Add whisked curd and mix on a low flame.
- Boil the gravy for 2-3 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Add marinated paneer cubes and cover with a lid. Allow it to cook till paneer absorbs the spices.
- Add crushed kasturi methi.
- Garnish with coriander, red chillies (slightly warmed in oil) and serve hot.
Note: Always cook paneer dishes in butter or ghee. If you don't like curd, you may use fresh cream or cashew paste.
Have an interesting recipe or cooking video to share?