Navi Mumbai based food blogger Manasi Sadarangani shared this simple recipe you can try making with leftover rotis.
You can share your recipes and photographs too!
Seyal Roti is a popular dish among Sindhis.
Also known as Seyal Phulka, the dish is prepared by cooking rotis in a tangy paste of garlic, tomato and coriander.
- 4 rotis
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, grated
- Some curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 bowl of water
- In a kadai or frying pan, take 1 tsp of oil and heat it.
- Add chopped garlic cloves, saute till it changes colour.
- Add curry leaves and mustard seeds and let the seeds splutter.
- Grind tomato, ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves and add it to the pan.
- Add turmeric and coriander powder. You may also add any tangy masala of your liking.
- Tear/cut 4 rotis into bite size pieces and put them in a bowl of water for it to soften a bit.
- Drain roti from the bowl and add this to the pan. Mix well and cook on low to medium flame.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Have an interesting recipe or cooking video that you'd like to share?