The perfect recipe to binge on a Sunday!
Murgh Malai Tikka
Recipe by chef David Edward Raj, director, culinary development and innovation, Elior India.
- 150 gm chicken breast
- 25 gm ginger and garlic paste
- 10 gm chilli
- 10 gm coriander
- 100 ml cream
- 10 gm mint
- 5 lemon
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 1 gm sugar
- 1 raw mango
- 1 ml Ghee
- Salt as required
- 10 ml oil
- 25 gm bhel
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon, garlic, and ginger paste for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together the hung curd, cream and whisk well so that there should be no lumps.
- Add the mix to the chicken and marinate for few hours or preferably overnight.
- Pre-heat tandoor and drizzle off the excessive marinade and thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Cook in tandoor for about 12 to 15 minutes, and then baste with butter after every 5 minutes and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through slightly charred around the edges.
- Take the chicken off the skewers, sprinkle with chaat masala and ghee.
- Serve with chutney and raw mango bhel.
For chutney preparation
- Take garlic, chili, ginger, sugar, and salt in a small chutney jar of a grinder.
- Grind them until medium coarse consistency.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of water.
- Grind until the smooth texture.