A high-intensity explosion near the Red Fort in Delhi resulted in multiple fatalities and injuries. Authorities are investigating the incident, and the Home Minister is being briefed.
Delhi Police have detained the owner of a car in connection with an explosion near the Red Fort that resulted in multiple fatalities and injuries. The investigation is ongoing.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah said investigators are keeping all options open while probing the blast near the Red Fort that claimed eight lives. Teams of Delhi Police, NIA, NSG and forensics have started the probe.
Hours before the blast in Delhi, eight people, including three doctors, were arrested and 2,900 kg of explosives were seized with the uncovering of a "white collar" terror module on Monday.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has handed over the probe into a blast near the Red Fort to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), indicating a suspected terror link. The blast claimed 12 lives.
According to sources, a man named Tariq from Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir, who has been arrested, is said to have given the Hyundai i20 car to Umar Mohammad.
The police sounded a high alert in Delhi. Seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot with police cordoning off the area, the Delhi Fire Services said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation on Thursday commenced its probe into the recent violent clashes in Assam that has claimed the lives of 77 people and it will soon register cases.
Former Kolkata police commissioner Prasun Mukherjee was on Tuesday questioned for the first time by the Central Bureau of Investigation in connection with the mysterious death of computer graphics teacher Rizwanur Rahman.
"By the time police could react, the person had already fired the shot. Everything happened in seconds. The investigation is on," Delhi Police Special Commissioner said.
It was alleged in a section of media that industrialist Ashok Todi had established secret contact with some relatives of the deceased and had given them money to facilitate the separation of his daughter, Priyanka, and Rizwanur.
'On the direction of the home ministry, the Delhi Police has put chief minister Arvind Kejriwal under house arrest ever since he visited farmers at Singhu Border'
Two separate suicide notes were recovered. They said that the CBI raid caused them (the family) great humiliation in the society.
The protests were triggered by the two attacks on their colleagues.