Reaction after Australia's Steve Smith, who has stepped down as captain, confessed on Saturday that the team's "leadership group" had hatched a plan to alter the condition of the ball during the third day of the third Test against South Africa.
A ball-tampering scandal that devastated Australia cast a dark cloud over a dramatic cricketing year
The plotters are believed to have included six men and one woman, all in their 20s, who allegedly planned to plant bombs and use knives and firearms to launch a "multi-node" attack at Federation Square, Flinders Street Station and St Paul's Cathedral.
Australia have withdrawn from the under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh later this month because of concerns over the 'safety and security' of the squad, Cricket Australia said.
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has said he was joking when he asked an Australian reporter out during a live TV broadcast and said he was sorry if she was offended by the widely condemned remarks.
Cricket Australia has commissioned an independent review into the cause and circumstances of last year's death of Test batsman Phillip Hughes in a bid to prevent anything similar happening in the future.
Cricket Australia boss James Sutherland defended the use of the controversial pink ball in the face of players' criticism and is adamant it will prove a success during Test cricket's first day-night match in Adelaide next month.
The country's cricket governing body and the ACA had remained locked in tense negotiations over the new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The current deal expires on June 30.
Adelaide, which was due to host the second Test from December 12-16, will now host the series opener from December 9-13, in what is sure to be a highly emotional occasion.
From Michael Holding to Virender Sehwag, the cricket fraternity mourned the demise of renowned West Indies commentator Tony Cozier and paid glowing tributes to the legendary voice of the game.
The BCCI reacted cautiously to a sting operation which alleged pitch doctoring in three Test matches featuring India, saying it would consider action against implicated former cricketer Robin Morris only if he is found guilty in an ongoing ICC probe.
Cricket Australia have signed a four-year agreement with energy provider Alinta Energy, potentially laying to rest concerns over a financial fallout from the ball-tampering scandal in March.
The controversial West Indies star opener Chris Gayle has found his support through a hashtag campaign.
Meanwhile, Australia skipper Michael Clarke, who was entangled in a war of words with Cricket Australia over his availability, is still a doubtful starter for the first Test following question marks over his fitness.
The sticking point remains the argument over a revenue share scheme which has underpinned contracts for 20 years.
Exasperated at his sudden removal, Mickey Arthur on Sunday said his unfair sacking was the result of a "deliberate campaign" against him but Cricket Australia has challenged his claim.
The Indian cricket team's 2014-15 tour of Australia is the last time when it would have played both the Tests and tri-nation ODI series together as it will be split into two separate tours from now on, said Cricket Australia's Chief Executive James Sutherland.
As late Australia cricketer Phillip Hughes made his final journey in this world, cricketers, politicians and family members paid homage to the Sydney batsman.
The first Test between India and Australia will be rescheduled, as three senior cricketers of the home side -- Shane Watson, David Warner and Brad Haddin -- are among those who have said that they are not in perfect state of mind to return to competitive cricket.
Australia cricketer Phillip Hughes remains in an induced coma after undergoing emergency surgery on Tuesday when he was struck in the head by a bouncer, a devastating blow that experts likened to the trauma experienced by car crash victims.
Cricket Australia said an independent security assessment confirmed there is a risk of terrorism in Bangladesh targeting Australian nationals.
Ajinkya Rahane has been named as the new skipper of the IPL team.
This was not the first time that Steve Smith and the Australian team resorted to unfair measures in a Test match to gain advantage over their opponents.
Cricket's decision review system was further dragged through the mire on Thursday after another controversial decision in the third Ashes Test with the irate Australian board and even Prime Minister Kevin Rudd weighing in.
After condemning Steve Smith's conduct during the Cape Town Test on Sunday, Shane Warne struck a more supportive tone on Wednesday.
Phillip Hughes's tragic death cast a shadow over an eventful year that saw Ashes rivals Australia and England brawl on the field and bond off it, joining India to pull off a bloodless coup and take charge of the game.
People do not associate cricket with death and the shock loss of Phillip Hughes, against all rational expectation, will be the hardest thing for bowler Sean Abbott to deal with, according to trauma experts.
The cricket fraternity from across the globe reacted with shock and sadness at the sad demise of Australian batsman Philip Hughes.
As the global cricket community prays for Australia cricketer Phillip Hughes' recovery from a severe head injury, fast bowlers rushed to the defence of Sean Abbott, whose short-pitched ball struck the batsman and left him fighting for his life.
The Virat Kohli-Steve Smith clash on the controversial DRS call today triggered a full blown verbal war between the Cricket Boards of India and Australia before the ICC ruled out action against the two captains as charges were not laid.
A game that is synonymous with the values of fair play and sportsmanship was left heartbroken at the loss of one its favourite sons, a kid from a banana plantation who dared to dream big.
Emotions were still too raw in the wake of the death of Phillip Hughes to make a decision on whether to go ahead with next week's first Test against India, Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland said on Friday.
With the cricket world still mourning the tragic death of Phillip Hughes, the first Test between India and Australia next week was on Saturday put off to an unspecified date and might even be cancelled to pay homage to the young batsman.
Australia's cricket board will launch an 'immediate' review into player safety in the wake of Phillip Hughes' death, as the global cricket community mourned on Friday.