Chef Ila Sarwate shows you how to make the delicious dessert.
Churros is a traditional pastry made from fried dough topped with cinnamon sugar and served with dark chocolate.
Please watch the video to see how you can make it at home:
Recipe by Ila Sarwate, alumni, Academy of Pastry and Culinary Arts Mumbai
For churro paste
- 320 gm water
- 25 gm butter
- 5 gm salt
- 20 gm castor sugar
- 260 gm flour
- 100 gm eggs
- For cinnamon sugar
- 300 gm castor sugar
- 5 gm cinnamon
- For chocolate sauce
- 100 gm dark chocolate
- 100 gm cream
- In a saucepan, boil water, milk, salt, sugar and butter.
- Slowly add flour and mix well till you see a thin skin forming at the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add in eggs one at a time and keep mixing till you get the right consistency.
- Fill the mixture in a pipe/cone.
- Pipe the sticks on a tray and freeze for some time.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Fry the churros sticks in hot oil and roll them in cinnamon sugar.
- Dip in chocolate sauce and enjoy.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?