Chef Sanjyot Keer shares an interesting recipe to try in the lockdown!
No-Bake Vegan Walnut Chocolate Brownie
Recipe by Chef Sanjyot Keer; Photograph: Courtesy California Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 tbsps cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut chunks
- Chop the dates into smaller pieces so that it is easy to grind them.
- Alternatively, soak them in boiling water if they are extra firm.
- In a mixer, add walnuts, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt and give it a blitz until you get a powder like consistency.
- Add dates and grind well to combine everything.
- Add warm water if it is getting difficult to grind the mixture.
- Transfer this crumbly dough into a mixing bowl and add chopped roasted walnut chunks.
- Turn mixture on a parchment paper or a plate and spread it into a large square.
- Cut into pieces and garnish it with some crushed walnuts.
- You can also make vegan chocolate ganache with coconut oil and cocoa powder and top it up on your brownies.
- Refrigerate for a few hours and serve.