Here's a quick recipe for your mid-week cravings!
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Walnut Oat Pudding
Recipe by Deeba Rajpal
Photograph: Courtesy California Walnuts
- 250 ml low fat cream
- 75 gm pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 30 gm cocoa powder
- 40 gm quick cooking oats
- 15 gm dark chocolate chopped
- 75 gm brown sugar
- 50 gm honey
- 75 gm roasted walnuts chopped
- Roasted walnut halves
- Persimmons sliced
- Organic rose petals
- Place all ingredients, except walnuts, in a heavy bottom pan and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken.
- Once it becomes as thick as custard, take off heat, allow it to cool.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Allow to cool, then ladle into serving glasses, bowls and chill for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Top with roasted walnuts halves, fresh fruits like figs, persimmons, candied pumpkin or seasonal fruits of your choice.
- Sprinkle over a few organic rose petals or pomegranate pearls for a pop of colour.