Celebrity chef Kunal Kapur shares two desserts recipes to sweeten things up.
"One way to express love on this day is through foods of love. In my opinion, strawberries and chocolate are the good old ways to express how you feel," celebrity chef and author of A Chef in Every Home Kunal Kapur said.
Strawberry Lassi Ice Cream
- 500 gm curd (thick full cream)
- 250 gm strawberry puree (lightly sweetened)
- 140 gm sugar
- 5 tbsp cookie crumbs
- 1 tbsp pista chopped
- In a blender, take yogurt, strawberry puree and sugar to make lassi. Blend well.
- Pour this into a mould and deep freeze it.
- Once frozen, remove and scoop it out. Serve with cookie crumbs and chopped pistachios.
Note: You can also freeze it in ice cube trays for ease.
Hot Chocolate Souffle
- 30 gm cocoa powder
- 20 gm cornflour
- 20 gm refined flour
- 8 egg yolks
- 200 gm fine sugar
- 600 ml milk
- 10 egg whites
- 250 gm dark chocolate
- Butter (for greasing)
- Sugar (for sprinkling)
- Pour milk in a bowl and add 100 gm sugar. Boil it and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, add cocoa powder, corn flour and refined flour with egg yolks to make a paste.
- Add this paste to the milk. Heat it on low flame.
- Whisk till it gets thick and smooth. Remove from the gas and keep aside.
- Melt dark chocolate in an oven and add to the above mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with remaining sugar. Fold the egg whites in the above mixture very gently.
- In small moulds, apply semi-soft butter on the inside and sprinkle some sugar so that it sticks to the sides.
- Pour the mixture in these moulds and bake in a preheated oven for 12 mins at 180 degree.
- Remove from the mould while it's still hot. Serve immediately.
Kunal Kapur is an Indian celebrity chef and restaurateur, best known as the host and judge of the television series MasterChef India Season 1, 2 and 3 and Junior Masterchef India Season 1. Indian Culinary maestro Jiggs Kalra has titled him as "the next big guy in kebabs and curries in India".
Photograph: Kind Courtesy Actimedia India
You can send us your favourite recipes too.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.