- EARLIER IN THIS SERIES: How to make Prawns Pulao
Mangalorean Egg Curry
The Mangalorean Egg Curry is a thick coconut based gravy served hot with rice or roti.
Watch the video to see how to make the traditional egg curry:
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium grated coconut
- 4-5 red chillies
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 black pepper corns
- Pinch of fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 1 chopped onion
- 9-10 garlic cloves
- Marble sized tamarind
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Dry roast red chillies and keep them aside.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and whole spices.
- Grind grated coconut, garlic, half chopped onion, tamarind along with roasted ingredients.
- In a kadhai, add the ground paste with some water and let it boil.
- Break eggs into the curry and let it cook for 5 minutes.
For the tadka
- Heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds, half chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Once onions are golden brown, add the tadka to the curry.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatis.