- EARLIER IN THIS SERIES: How to make Cauliflower sabji
Egg Roast is a popular dish where boiled eggs are roasted in a thick masala gravy.
It goes well with rice, roti, appams or porotta.
Watch the video to see how you can make it at home:
- 3 boiled eggs
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A few cloves and black pepper
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- A few curry leaves
- 20 gm chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add bay leaves and whole spices.
- Add onions, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Add salt as required.
- Add some water and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Slit the eggs with a knife and add them to the gravy.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Loved this video?
Do you have a simple and easy recipe to share?
Or a bunch of secret cooking tips that will help our readers, who may be beginners, cook with ease during the lockdown?
Don't forget to share a photograph, or better a video of your recipe. We'll publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.