Celebrate the season of guavas with simple, mildly spiced Mogri Peru Nu Sabzi from Maharaj Bhanwar Singh.
Mogri Peru Nu Sabji
- 2 cups mogri or radish pods
- 1 medium-ripe peru or amrood or guava
- 1 tsp rai or mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- Pinch hing or asafoetida
- 1 green chilly, chopped
- 1 tsp dhania or coriander powder
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chilly powder
- ½ tsp haldi or turmeric powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Green dhania or coriander or cilantro leaves, chopped, for the garnish
- Cut the mogri into 1-inch long pieces.
Dice the peru.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
Add the cumin seeds and the mustard seeds.
Once they begin to splutter, add the asafoetida and the chopped green chillies.
Add the peru and mogri and saute till soft.
Add the dry masalas, sprinkle sme water and salt.
Cook for a few minutes.
Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve hot with freshly made rotis.
Maharaj Bhanwar Singh is the corporate chef at Khandani Rajdhani.