Rediff reader and food blogger Urmimala Banerjee tells us how to make chicken momos at home.
You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here's the recipe for Steamed Chicken Momos:
Makes: 30 to 35 momos
- 250 gm minced chicken
- 1 medium bowl of white flour (maida)
- 2 large onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic pod finely chopped
- Coriander leaves finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp refined vegetable oil
- Mix a pinch of salt with the flour. Knead the flour into a soft dough with warm water. Keep aside.
- To make the filling, in a pressure cooker, add minced chicken, onion, garlic, coriander leaves and salt.
- Add just enough water to cook the meat. Drain excess water if any.
- Cook the meat for two whistles.
- Make small round balls from the dough.
- Dip them in vegetable oil and roll thinly on a plate like a roti.
- Cut circular pieces from it using a small bowl with sharp edge.
- Put a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
- Bring the edges together and pinch them.
- Make pleats and twist them with fingers to ensure a tight seal.
- Cook the momos in a steamer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.
Note: You can also deep fry the momos before serving them.
Photo: Alik Abosar
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
- Recipe: How to make Hassleback Potatoes
- Recipe: How to make Rum Raisin Chocolate Brownie
- How to make Chicken Stew
- Recipe: How to make Eggless Fruit Cake
- How to make Kambu (Bajra) Idli