Whip up these simple delights using mangoes and walnuts.
All photographs: Courtesy California Walnuts
Mango Spinach Salad
Recipe by Chef Sabyasachi Gorai
- 225 gm baby spinach
- 500 gm baby kale
- 450 gm mixed spring salad mix (organic)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Mangoes, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 250 gm fresh blackberries
- 30 gm chopped fresh parsley
- 125 gm roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and pureed in blender
- 30 gm fresh squeezed orange juice
- 30 gm fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml honey
- 5 gm sea salt
- Toast walnuts in a small skillet over medium/high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place cooled walnuts and first 7 ingredients listed in salad bowl.
- Pour purée mango into salad bowl and stir well.
- Add orange juice, lime juice, minced garlic, olive oil and honey, season with sea salt.
- Sprinkle over salad and serve.
Tropical Mango, Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
Recipe by By Chef Sabyasachi Gorai
- Flesh from half a mango (reserving a few slices to garnish)
- 1 small piece of fresh turmeric
- Half a banana
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Juice of one lime (plus a little zest to garnish)
- 8 walnut halves
- A handful of raspberries and blueberries
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp of coconut flakes
- Place the mango, turmeric, banana and coconut milk into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add lime juice to taste and blend again until combined.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with the reserved mango, berries, walnuts, passion fruit, lime zest and coconut flakes.
Aam Akhrot Poda
Recipe by Chef Varun Inamdar
- 3 raw mangoes, medium sized
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 cup walnut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp black salt
- 4 cups chilled water
- Wash and dry the raw mangoes.
- Roast the mangoes over direct heat for about 10 minutes till charred on the outside. And cool them off.
- Peel the skin and use your hands to separate the pulp and the stone.
- Take the pulp in a blender and add sugar, black salt, walnut milk, roasted cumin powder, mint.
- Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Add chilled water and blend again for a minute.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Pour in glasses and serve chilled.