Do you have an interesting fasting recipe for Navratri? Share your favourite recipes with us!
Sabudana Khichdi is one of the easiest dish to make when you're fasting.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups sabudana
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 4-5 green chillies chopped finely
- I medium potato
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1-2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Rock salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut grated
- A few sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash sabudana and soak in one-cup water for three to four hours.
- Sabudana grains should be separate and moist.
- Roast peanuts on a hot griddle, peel off the skin and then grind coarsely.
- Peel and wash the potato and cut into cubes.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and chopped green chillies.
- When cumin seeds crackle, add the potato cubes.
- Cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Add sabudana, scraped coconut and ground peanuts and sauté for four to five minutes, stirring well.
- Sprinkle a little water, add salt and lime juice. Mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Photograph Courtesy Khandani Rajdhani
Do you have an interesting fasting recipe that you’d like to share with our readers?
Simply e-mail your recipe to email@example.com (subject line: 'Navratri fasting recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph, if possible.
We will publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.
- How to make Samo Rice
- Phalahari Chilla, Aloo Puri and more
- How to make Sabudana Vada
- How to make Tomato Saar
- How to make Upvas Thepla