This traditional preparation is a hit among the young and old alike.
Have you tried the Samo Rice yet?
During the fasting season, the samo rice makes for a perfect alternative for rice lovers.
Here's an interesting recipe of Samo Rice for you to try this Navratri.
- 1 cup samo rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp scrapped fresh coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Rock salt to taste
- Dry roast samo rice till turns light brown.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, green chilli and scrapped coconut. Saute for one minute.
- Add samo, rock salt and mix well. Add 2 1/4 of hot water and mix well.
- Cover and on lower the gas.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or till all the water is absorbed and rice become soft.
- Serve hot with yoghurt.
Photograph Courtesy Khandani Rajdhani
Do you have an interesting fasting recipe that you’d like to share with our readers?
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Navratri fasting recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.