The tangy tomato soup is an excellent fasting recipe. Do you know how to make it?
What makes the Tomato Saar such an interesting fasting recipe is that it is easy to make.
Its tangy spicy flavour is hard to resist.
Have you tried it yet? Here's the recipe:
- Six red tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Rock salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 3 strands of curry leaves
- Boil tomatoes and make puree when cold.
- Grind the ginger, coconut and cumin seeds to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add jeera seeds, curry leaves and the paste and saute for a while.
- Add tomato puree. Add rock salt and chilli powder.
- When it comes to a boil, turn the flame to low and simmer for few minutes.
- Serve hot.
Photograph Courtesy Khandani Rajdhani
Do you have an interesting fasting recipe that you’d like to share with our readers?
Simply e-mail your recipe to email@example.com (subject line: 'Navratri fasting recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph, if possible.
We will publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.