Reshma Aslam tells us how to give a twist to the traditional poha.
- How to make Besan ka Cheela
- How to make Rava Idli
- How to make Veg Cheese Paratha
- How to make Sabudana Khichdi
- How to make Strawberry Cream Pancake
- How to make Tuna Fish Sandwich
- How to make Oatmeal with fruits
- How to make Omelette Muffin
Poha is one of the most common breakfast dishes in Indian households.
Easy-to-make, light and healthy, it's tasty and filled with nutrients.
For those who want to give it a try, add a spin to the regular poha with this recipe.
Take a look.
Poha with a twist
- 1 cup poha
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Few curry leaves
- Few coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash the poha properly in a strainer. Keep it aside.
- Heat a deep vessel and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When they start popping, add curry leaves and chillies.
- Add onions and fry for two to three minutes until the onions are transparent.
- Add salt, sugar and turmeric powder. Give it a stir and add the poha. Mix well.
- Add roasted peanuts, grated coconut. Mix further.
- Add lemon juice and pomegranate. Mix again.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Take it off the gas and serve hot.
*Lead image used for representational purposes only.
Have an interesting breakfast recipe to share?
Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: Breakfast Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.