Formula One was accused of sending out a mixed message on alcohol at the Monaco Grand Prix on Friday by giving extensive publicity to drinks brands while campaigning for road safety.
The official press conference of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix was interrupted by power failure at the Buddh International circuit, in New Delhi, on Friday.
The Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead next weekend despite concerns over security but the race organisers' decision has split opinion in the Gulf state, which has been shaken by a year of anti-government protests.
Formula One's governing body announced on Wednesday it had joined the Olympic family, although there was no suggestion that motor racing could ever be part of any future Games.
Mumbai teenager Aashi Hanspal is a rising star in motorsport.
Formula One team bosses backed the decision of Japanese Grand Prix organisers to cancel all of Saturday's practice and qualifying sessions as the sport hunkered down to ride out Typhoon Hagibis.
Pakistan's top investigative agency Federal Investigation Agency has been directed to write to Interpol for the issuance of a Red Corner Notice against former military ruler Pervez Musharraf so that he can be brought back to the country to face trial, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Friday.
A special ceremony was organised at the world-famous skyscraper in New York's midtown Manhattan for lighting it up in saffron, white and green.
Hamilton said he would still be "incredibly proud" to pull level with "an icon like Michael" and seven was way beyond his wildest dreams, but numbers and titles maybe meant more to those on the outside.
Formula One stakeholders approved name changes for the Renault, Team Lotus and Virgin Racing teams at a commission meeting in Geneva on Thursday.
Lashkar-e-Tayiba and the Al Qaeda were convinced that 26/11 attack masterminds Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rehman would face only "superficial" action from the Pakistani authorities and within months plans were afoot for another terror strike in India, Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley said on Saturday.
Speaking at last weekend's title deciding US Grand Prix in Austin, the 84-year-old Briton told reporters he hoped to add more American venues to a series that is already set for a record 21 races next year.
Adrian Newey accused Red Bull's rivals of being afraid to supply them with engines for 2016 and warned there is a real risk of the four times world champions walking away from Formula One.
Sauber's Mexican rookie Sergio Perez looked certain to miss Sunday's showcase Monaco Grand Prix after crashing heavily in qualifying and being taken to hospital.
Formula One stragglers Hispania have refused to rule out a protest against most other teams that could cast a cloud of uncertainty over Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix.
The Karachi-based anti-corruption court issued warrants after Federal Investigation Agency reportedly found evidence that Gilani and his minister Faheem were involved in the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) corruption scandal.
Force India F1 team rule out name change this year
Virgin Racing want to change their name to Marussia next season to more accurately reflect the Formula One team's current ownership structure.
Sauber drivers Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi were disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix on Sunday for technical infringements, after finishing seventh and eighth, International Automobile Federation (FIA) stewards said in a statement.
Formula One will have 20 races next year and not the record 21 listed on a calendar published last week, according to International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Jean Todt.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix stewards dismissed a protest by the Haas Formula One team on Saturday and recognised Force India as a new constructor whose cars were eligible to compete in the championship.
Bahrain refused to give up hope of rescheduling its postponed Formula One Grand Prix on Saturday with a statement that kept all options open.
Vistara, an airline in which Tata Sons owns 51 per cent stake, is one of those which wants a relaxation in rules, saying these are important for the country's economic growth.
Summary of sports events and persons who made news on Tuesday
More Formula One teams could follow Caterham and Marussia into administration or failure, the former head of the sport's governing body Max Mosley warned on Monday.
The Indian Grand Prix could be moved to the second weekend in December as Formula One's season-ending race, Ferrari principal Stefano Domenicali said on Friday.
Ferrari were forced to replace the rear wing on their cars at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday after Formula One's governing body declared it illegal.
F1, Silverstone still optimistic despite UK quarantine rules
A Pakistani investigation team probing the assassination of ex-premier Benazir Bhutto is reluctant to record the statement of Interior Minister Rehman Malik though he was her security advisor at the time of her killing in 2007, a media report said.
The three-member delegation would fly to London immediately, as the government had taken serious notice of the latest fixing scandal to involve Pakistan team, Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik told media persons.
Red Bull's 23-year-old German Sebastian Vettel also finally got his hands on the championship winner's trophy at the same International Automobile Federation (FIA) awards ceremony in Monaco on Friday night.
Visas have been issued to two Pakistani officials to visit India for assessing the security arrangements for the national team ahead of World Twenty20. The Indian high commission on Sunday issued the visas according to a statement from the Pakistan interior ministry. "All arrangements are complete for the security team to leave for India on Monday," the ministry said in the statement. "Director FIA Usman Anwar and Col. Azam from the Ministry of Interior will leave from Pakistan while the third member will join them from the Pakistan high commission in New Delhi," the ministry said. Col Azam is also the general manager of security and anti-corruption unit in the Pakistan board. "The team will meet the Chief Minister Himachal Pradesh and the state police chief and will prepare a report which will be sent to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar," the statement added.
The Canadian Formula One Grand Prix was halted after 25 of the scheduled 70 laps by torrential rain on Sunday.
Ace German driver Adrian Sutil will continue with Force India for a fifth consecutive season while Paul di Resta is set to make his debut with the Silverstone-based team in the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship season.
German driver Nico Hulkenberg will race in next year's Le Mans 24 Hours sportscar race with Porsche as well as Formula One with Force India, the German manufacturer said in a statement on Thursday.
Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency has claimed to have traced down 20 terrorists, who were wanted in connection with the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.The FIA's Special Investigation Group has booked all the wanted extremists, who allegedly provided logistical and monetary support to the ten terrorists. According to sources, the SIG had also gathered photographs of the attackers and several other important information from the arrested terrorists.
Fernando Alonso's Formula One title hopes could suffer a knockout blow when the sport's governing body decides Ferrari's fate at a Paris hearing on Wednesday.
Fatigued Formula One mechanics will be spared regular all-night shifts next season after the sport's governing body inserted a 'curfew' in new rules published on Monday.